Spinworthy Wooden Unresponsive Review

I consider myself extremely lucky to have Spinworthy agree to allow me to get in on this. He had made a thread asking if their would be interest for a wooden unresponsive, as there was skepticism about people buying them as wood almost always has a minor vibe.

Specs: 55mm X 39.8mm X 63g
Wood used: Purple Heart

Thoughts:
You know how we talk about floaty? Names like the Grail and OG Peak come up. It just floats in the air.

I thought I understood the term. I didn’t imagine I’d see a yoyo that could float much more than those.

Oh how wrong I was. You know how you do a suicide and got move real fast to catch it, and a Peak or Grail helps give you a split second more time, hense floaty?

You have no clue what floaty even means until you try one of these. I am a suicide machine, it is insane.

Spin time is more than enough for my abilities, and it regens great if you need to keep it going for a combo. Takes layers fine without snagging. Vibe is minimal and no bother for me. The organic shape is so comfortable in hand and the feeling of wood is just something that plastic and metal can never compare to.

It is a functional work of art. I hope it catches on within the community as a wooden unresponsive is a very untouched market that just takes us back to our roots with adding modern technology with the Onedrop Cabal internals.

@Glenacius_K If time permits, do you mind giving this beauty a name?

One final note, I got an End 2 in the mail the same day and I have hardly touched it, and I love the End 2 as I’ve had a couple in the past.

31 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, @kretzschmar.

Sure. Let’s call it the Spinworthy ‘Throwey-Throwey, Spin-Spin’.

Well yes and no. A-RT have produced more than one model, turned by Jansen Kimmitt himself. It would be fair to say that they are the original and the best. He has told me he thinks mine are better, but he’s a very modest man. If you like wooden unresponsives, you should endeavor to get an A-RT one.

7 Likes

Oh fantastic, it now has a name. I love playing with my T.T.S.S.

I most definitely will try to get a A-RT and an Eric Wolfe. Untouched was a poor choice of words on my end, a better statement would be holy moly there is only three we can think of that have even bothered to mess with them, and you’re one of three sir, and I’m loving it.

Back to playing with my ttss :wink:

1 Like

Lol! I really like the name, but perhaps we should choose something more sensible?

1 Like

I don’t know about that, T.T.S.S. is a great name. T2S2 maybe? Whatever it’s name ends up being though, I’m sure it’ll hardly matter because that there’s one beautiful throw!

3 Likes

Up to you, whatever you decide, I’m pretty sure it won’t knock any sense into me, lol

2 Likes

Figured it would help to show what I am able to pull off with it with my old man skill, lol. So cool to be able to do tricks like this with wood.

4 Likes

I really like the look and idea of that. Have to get one.

3 Likes

Maybe call it ‘‘Back to the Roots’’?

Looks really good, excellent choice of wood as well.

2 Likes

It floats, it is made from wood, it’s unresponsive which is an oddity for wood.

Space Oddity?

Just spitballing name ideas, until then I’m good with playing with my ttss

1 Like

“The Arborist” :axe: :deciduous_tree:

4 Likes

I like that Arborist name a lot.

1 Like

30+ seconds of spin time! That’s impressive for the yoyo and you.

It blends old tech with new tech. Maybe “Horseless Carriage”

2 Likes

Thanks, and it would have went longer for someone with more skills. The nice thing is, it regens soooo good, so if you want to keep going forever, you most definitely can.

sooo ummm where could someone get one of these? i have an A-rt peon but i would love to try one of these

2 Likes

Will there be more available?

2 Likes

I would love to try a wooden unresponsive. This one looks so refined and classy.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s definitely something I wish everyone could try at least once. Their is no doubt in my mind that if they did, wooden unresponsives would be something talked about often.

2 Likes