Speedcubing

That is for everything speed cube related. What method are you using?

1 Like

What are the best tutorials for beginners? Got myself a cube a few days ago and it turns out that im not a genius and i still haven’t solved it

1 Like

Learn from the best (Felix Zemdegs):
www.cubeskills.com

2 Likes

Look at j perm :

He makes the best tutorials and is a funny guy

2 Likes

Learn the. Erinner method( called LBL) first so you get an idea of algorithms and the notification

1 Like

That vide shows you how to read algorithms if you learn that you can use every good tutorial

2 Likes

I just saw a 2x2 Rubik’s Cube in a local store. Since I have no experience with cubing and doubt I want to get into hardcore cubing, would this be good choice for a newb just wanting something to fool around with? Is even a 2x2 really difficult?

2x2 is trivial to solve if you already know the advanced 3x3 CFOP method. If you don’t, then you can still learn to solve it with just a few algorithms, though you’d be spamming those same algorithms over and over and over until it is solved, which can get tedious after a while.

You don’t have to go all “hardcore” with a 3x3; you can learn to solve it with a “beginner method” that only involves a couple of triggers and a few algorithms. You won’t be solving it super fast, but you’d still have the satisfaction of being able to solve it any time you want.

1 Like

Yea but even though I think the real fun comes in when doing cfop doing a pll algorithm super fast and seeing the cube solved is so satisfying. But that’s your decision

I don’t know any of those methods. I just thought about picking one up and seeing if I could do it without any assistance.

I think you would get very frustrated very quickly. The Rubik’s cube is not a puzzle you can just “figure out” unless you are a savant with twisty puzzles.

1 Like
1 Like

Great video! I appreciate cubing a lot more after watching that. A 10x10 cube. I never saw one before. Crazy but like the guy said, once you understand certain things…

1 Like

Woah

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I was talking to zslane but get a cheap 3x3 and try it out you don’t need to get serious about it

1 Like

Here I am again. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: need help with Blindfolded I just can’t get it down especially with flipped edges and the buffer in the right place is making me confused. Also with corners if you have the buffer pice at right place two times I can’t visualize how the buffer is flipped at it’s new place. Pleeeese help me

I needed a way to keep my SpeedCubeShop lubes organized and easily accessible so I made my own lube holder. The modular design makes it easy to add more bottles as needed.

1 Like

Anyone doing blindfolded here?