Speedcubing tips

Hi Guys i got into speedcubing 5 days ago and I learned beginner cfop and the normal beginner method my average time is 1:20 my best is 1:8 I just can’t get under a minute. I am now trying to learn F2L Advanced I used tutorials from Jperm but for some reason his F2L tutorials are super weard sortet I just can’t remember those algorithms how did everyone here learned F2L advanced and were.
Thanks a lot :grin::wink:

2 Likes

I still do cross and F2L intuitively for the most part. I’m not going to try and memorize 77 F2L algs. It’s going to be hard enough (for me) to memorize all the OLL and PLL algs.

2 Likes

That is crazy progress!

Thanks a lot that means a lot to me someone else got some tips for advanced F2l ?

Are you doing beginner oll and pll or advanced? I still do beginner so around 17 algorithms

I use 4LLL, which would be considered “beginner” OLL/PLL. I only know 13 OLL algs and 10 PLL algs. Sometimes I get lucky and get a single-look OLL case I know, or a single-look PLL case I know, but usually I have to solve LL using 4 algs.

Can send me we’re you get the algorithms from?

Because I don’t know that method

4LLL just refers to the fact that OLL is done in 2 steps and then PLL is done in 2 steps.

This is the website I use to learn cubing: https://www.cubeskills.com/

1 Like

That’s we’re I learned oll https://jperm.net/algs/2look/oll
And from here pll
https://jperm.net/algs/2look/pll

So those two together are 16 algorithms for oll and Pll That’s what I use

Then there are advanced Oll eich you can do without making the cross before on the last layer

Ahhh lol :joy: just realize myself that it’s just the name for the last layer (so pll and oll ) as once

1 Like

Try that one. It’s the best organized tutorial there is and don’t try to memorize everything at once because the recognition of a few cases is very Hard.

Take out 2 or 3 of those split cases ( were the corner and edge you want to put in are next to each over but not in the right way ) and try to remember those. Then make around 10 Slow solves and every time you see the case use the algorithm. Then put the cube to the side and make something different (yoyoing or something else) for ten minutes or so and don’t try to think of the algorithm ( learn hard yoyo trick helps :wink:).T hen come back put in the case ( with corner twists ) and look if you can remember the algorithm. Repeat that a few times over the days until you got it down then try to use it in a speed solve.

That’s what I used the last few days and I learned a few cases already

The advice I am following, which a lot of top speedcubers agree with for the most part is this:

1. Practice and improve beginner CFOP until you average around 45s.
  2. Work on doing INTUITIVE F2L more efficiently. This is something you should work on continuously but this is where you should start to do it.
  3. Work on finger tricks, but don’t learn anything too crazy. At this point I would recommend getting down to about 30 seconds before the next step.
  4. Learn full PLL and get down to around 15 to 20 seconds
  5. Learn full OLL and get to around 10-15 seconds, while still working on finger tricks, efficiency, lookahead etc.
  6. Learn more advanced things like X cross and work on lookahead and other fundamentals.

You’ll notice that memorizing F2L algs is nowhere on that list, and by the time you’ve mastered all six of the above phases, you’re doing solves in under 10s and can then decide whether to pursue other more esoteric skills like color neutrality, pseudo-slotting, and memorizing F2L algs.

2 Likes

Sorry forgot to put the link Advanced F2L Tutorial (CFOP) - YouTube
I meant try that, that’s what I am working on I don’t mean 77 algorithms or double slotting or other complicated stuff I mean those easy short algorithms to split two pieces, how to take out corners, edges and set them up at the same time or how to put pairs in the bag slot

That’s still kind of intuitive

Yeah, I already know how to do all that pretty much. The slowest part of F2L for me is just finding each pair and then deciding which “case” it is.

Exactly! That’s what I need tips for

Because I thought beginner F2L is just split them intuitive set them up and then put them in that takes so long as Isaf I startet around a week ago I was still doing it super super beginner I wasn’t even putting them in the back slots a few days ago

Yeah, I try not to rotate the cube at all during F2L. I don’t always succeed because I sometimes get lazy…

Same with me