Sparking Titanium

Get a pack of sparklers if you really want to see some sparks.

1 Like

Not at all.

2 Likes

I agree it wasn’t perfect. However, crashing the Ferrari would render it useless. That would be equivalent to using the citizen as a hockey puck, shooting practice, or putting it in a vice to see how strong you are, rendering it useless. Sparking the citizen and driving that Ferrari may cause slight damage, but the end product will still be fully functional.

Still not a perfect analogy, but it is worse than just driving which is more like regular play, speaking would be like taking the $1000 specialty tires on the Ferrari and doing burnouts rather than using them for normal driving of the Ferrari, they will still function but you will have damaged them

It’s not a citizen but here’s a tirade that I sparked a good amount over 2 years

still titanium and I would walk the dog constantly with it and use it as my daily carry. Rougher surfaces generally give better sparks but can sometimes add burrs. Then you just walk the dog on something like the sidewalk and it’ll smooth it back out. Added vibe was minimal and took a while to be noticed. Makes an awesome sound when it hits stuff too.

“But the end product would still be fully functional”. < Especially for Palm Grinds.

Sparking Titanium yoyos highly overrated. Im not saying it is not fun to see. It is fun to see.

But the Most fun is experienced when watching somebody else Spark their Titanium yoyo.

I have a: 5 Ti Dreams, 2 Oxy Hyperions, 2 Ti-Walkers, an Evora and 2 Ricochets and. Citizen.

I have no urge to Spark any of them.

But then again I am a Structural Welder and I see sparks every day, lol.

That being said, if I found a Titanium yoyo for a very low cost on the BST or got a beat Ti in a trade, I would prolly spark it just to experience that fleeting moment of ‘hey look at that’.

1 Like

Better example might be never tracking a Ferrari.

1 Like

You can spark a Ferrari by driving over a speedbump really fast. Still not a perfect analogy though, because recklessness with a Ferrari at least has some inherent rockstar coolness to it. A ti yoyo is expensive, but by comparison it would be like lighting a cigar with a burning $1 bill.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1920L/metaphors-everywhere/image.png

Personally, I agree with this comment:

It’s really quite underwhelming. The damage to the yoyo, the sharp dings it can create and the hit to the resale value really aren’t worth one or two tiny little sparks IMO.

What you do when you get a new titanium yoyo in the mail:

1. Open package.
  2. Ooh and ah over how shiny it is.
  3. Do a few tricks and thwack it with your finger to get that amazing “ring” that only titanium makes
  4. Go outside and walk the dog on concrete.
2 Likes

Steve, if you ‘dawg’d’ your Evora than you are more twisted than a wood screw, lol.

But… You gave me a Great idea!

Back in the ‘Old Days’ at the Carnival, there would be a guy with a paddleball or looping yoyos. He would stand in front of the Big Tent to help get peoples’ attention.

Well next year when Worlds is held in Cleveland, you could be outside the Venue Grinding a HUGE Titanium yoyo to pull in spectators!

(For those of you that don’t know this yet>>> Steve Brown does an Absolutely Killer Walk the Dog!).

2 Likes

Or,

1. Open package
  2. Do what you want with it since it’s your property, and don’t let other people’s ideas of “what to do with a titanium yoyo” affect your decisions.

Seriously. Steve, I know you’re all “dings don’t matter, treat your toys like toys and don’t baby them” but at the end of the day, people are different and get enjoyment out of doing different things. I personally wouldn’t ever let my Citizen touch concrete. Does that make me unworthy of owning one?

Whatever makes you happy.

Is “Yes” the wrong answer?

Yes is definitely the wrong answer if the diaper is a used one :smiley:

1 Like

Is there a way to fix a problem with the yoyo resulting from this action? Not that I did it or anything… just curious.