Space Cowboy

LOL. Touche

This looks absolutely amazing. I’m a big YYF fan so to see them coming out with such an epic looking bi-metal is just… well… epic.

That being said, I’m really not a fan of the engraving (mostly the stars). It’s the only slight reservation I have, so I’m really hoping that I can pick up a Pulsar edition.

im still more hyped about this aviator.

A huge wave of YYJ h8rz is approaching!

Anybody know the weight on these?

Don’t care for the transition between steel/aluminum or the engravings, but otherwise looks pretty sweet!

43.4mm wide, 55.7mm diameter, 66g. Nice. 8)

I have played with the finished version (or maybe the last prototype) but I can tell you all that it is one of the smoothest yoyos I’ve played. Kinda floaty and just beautiful while its spinning.

I was looking forward to seeing a video of this yoyo…

On sale on an international site. $120. Made in China which i guess explains the price, but hey if the quality is good that’s no problem. I’d love to get the Pulsar one, but it looks just like my matte black Draupnir so that would be weird. Will wait for another color.

Designed In USA
Made In China
Release Year 2014
Weight (g) 66.4
Diameter (mm) 55.73
Width (mm) 43.43
Trapeze Width (mm) 40
Shape Step Straight
Body Material Aluminum
Rim Stainless Steel

It doesn’t appear to have the print saying “made in china.” Maybe the legal loophole is simply not making or selling them in the US.

I think I heard you only have to advertise made in china for toys marketed towards 12 years old and under. I forget where I heard that so I could be wrong.

The shutter is made in China too. I believe the Shu-Ta is as well. Those weren’t engraved as being made there.

EDIT: shuta is USA made.

Good, another YYF that Ben doesn’t trust customers to know the gap measurements of. God knows I shouldn’t be swayed by things like specifications in the yoyo purchases I make.

Looks cool otherwise, I guess.

The gap uses almost the entire bearing. I’d estimate 4.5-4.7mm. Not big enough to negative effect binds, at least with newish pads.

I do agree though - Gap width is an essential specification that I wish more companies were open about. For people who use short strings such as myself, having a gap that is too wide can completely ruin a yoyo.

Yea, im also suspecting that string snag on my L5 is caused by a gap too wide.
the probers gap looks quite wide too. sometimes people even make yoyos with gap width> bearing width and then try to cover the gap by elevating the inner wall of the response groove.

4.7 mm

I’m quite sensitive to large gaps, I grew up playing smaller gapped yoyos and my binds are beyond second nature to me at this point, these monster gaps totally throw my groove off. Especially when paired with slim response. I just don’t like throwing that much string in there.

This looks like a pass, for me, unless I get a cheap used one and have Mr. Balk fix the gap.

The gap on the Space Cowboy feels perfectly natural, if that’s your only concern then I wouldn’t worry about it.

received monday. started off my week nicely. totally worth your money. YoYoFactory and Tyler did great by this yoyo

1 Like

Review plz ;D

I would highlight a very important aspect of the price, this yoyo is sold at the price of some models in aluminum (cyborg, monster, catalyst 7075), as if to emphasize that a bimetal, despite being more worked, haven’t production costs as high as most of the producers would have us believe.