South Florida Yoyo Club and Meet

We are meeting this Saturday. It will be at young circle at 12:00. Everyone is welcome new or old.

Hopefully I can make it out there on Saturday!

Yes I want these meets to have a bunch of people

South Florida yoyo meet at young circle Saturday March 8 at 12 pm be there or be square

Iā€™ll be there! So if you want to try some General-Yo go! See you guys there!

Make sure you guys go to the meet tomorrow if you want to tryout some General-Yo! See you guys!

im into it ill c u guys there saturday :smiley:

Hey guys I canā€™t make it this Saturday sorry

Does this still exist? Iā€™m ready for a meet-up whenever you are.

yup next saturday at young circle in hollywood florida i will be there :slight_smile:

Hey! I live in Boynton Beach and would definitely love to get a meet started. Let me know whats up!!

My 10 year old son is in Lake Worth and would love to find people locally to throw with - so let me know if others want to set up a date.

I know there is a meeting every 2 weeks in Ft Lauderdale, just not sure when the next one is.

Ken

Whoā€™s going to IYYC in Downtown Disney in Orlando August 1&2? I think Iā€™ll be there.

Meet on 7/12 at noon?

Are yā€™all hosting yoyo meet today? And if so where?

Is this still a thing. I use to throw a lot but havenā€™t thrown in a long time wouldnā€™t mind getting together with some people for a meet and greet and throw some.

1 Like

Heyyyyyyā€¦ so itā€™s only 5 years later, hehe, but all kinds of Facebook friendsā€™ Messenger chats pop up for me that werenā€™t hit up last since 2013, either, and that didnā€™t seem like that long ago I argued with them, either.
Iā€™m a relatively old man.
I thought it was cool moefv said ā€œGod Blessā€, that was genuinely pretty righteous. I used to think all that was pretty lame until I had incredible experiences and became a preacher. My wife and I started a church last year and I thought it would wake up young, cool kids who were bored during a sermon, by seeing the guy in the ā€œpriest clothesā€ suddenly whip out a pair of day-go loopers and start laying down some 2A at the pulpit.
Weā€™re in the outer North parts of the Tampa Bay area, Florida. We will be having weekly services here beginning very soon, the whole church plant is incorporated & in its final stages with board of directors and all that jazz ā€“ so the place will be rented already for services andbible study, but with time left over. The Odessa Community Center, it looks like will be it, on Chesapeake Driveā€¦ I can get it for like $15 an hourā€¦otherwise itā€™s locked up and closed. The park is open with a nice boardwalk and tennis and basketball. Itā€™s not an uppity place but seriously not a bad hood or anything. Just not a highly financed county facilities-wise, so weā€™ll cheer it up ourselves.
Weā€™re an ā€œolderā€ couple of 48 years, but maybe with at least one additional adult, like a parent or guardian of a young guest (not me alone, creep factor for kids and liability factor for me, standard stuff like in church) we could bring an all-ages group together for the sport more than a similarly-aged peer thing. Just thinking out loud. All adults fine too butā€¦ maybe not as likely?
Just loving the sport, fairly new back into it (never got far before) but really, really enjoying throwing now. Easier than playing banjo.
-PB

2 Likes

Yoyos, faith, banjo, profile picture is a nebulaā€¦ can we be internet best friends? I live in Texas lol

2 Likes

Hi smileypants707 ā€“ hehe, itā€™s true that affirmation and fellowship does benefit from the internet despite propagation of anything negative. I met a guy in Canada who is just totally righteous making music and starting an organization (both he and I thought we were intellectually above organized religion before things happened that led to miraculous signposts that surprised us) as well as a totally awesome guy Martin Young from biblecartoons.co.uk who also likes the sci fi I grew up on. Theyā€™ve both really encouraged me in radio ministry and church planting, as well as just being way cool guys period. I thought I could incorporate yoyo into certain gatherings, hee.
Nice to meet you. Iā€™m making slow progress on the banjo. Go figure I had to choose 3-finger picking over the frailing that starts out easier.

1 Like

hi! iā€™m super interested if yā€™all are still doing this please PM me @moefv i think you should meet on Sundays i really want something to do on Sunday evenings i just laze around then and itā€™d be really awesome to do it Sundays

1 Like