(Solved, Can Close!) "Sugar Glider" Whip Trick? Anyone Know What This is Called?

Sugar Glider on a OneDrop Sugar Glider! :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m only about 3 weeks back into the game after about 25 years, ha ha. Not sure what this might actually be called, but I was playing around while learning the Plastic Whip and ended up with something interesting. Figured I would share. It’s like a reverse Plastic Whip from a breakaway, over your wrist, and you catch the inside string of the loop on the yo-yo and it creates a kind of hang-glider look with the yo-yo, that you can then loop, and “glide” left and right. Make sure you hop the yo-yo towards you out of the mount or it can cause a knot and/or snag.

I’ve been calling it the Sugar Glider, because it reminds me of my babies who passed away and part of the reason I got back into yoyo-ing as a distraction, but if anyone knows what it might actually be called, please let me know. Hope you enjoy!

6 Likes

Nice! Welcome back! This is a wrist whip I think like in this trick —

2 Likes

Welcome back, Collin!!

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thank you! Looks exactly like what I was I was looking for, I love the Green Triangle transition as well! Greatly appreciated! :grinning:

1 Like