Snappy Binds

Snappy binds hurt as they lash out at my fingertips. String tension is normal though… any help?

Make your loop smaller? I’m not sure if I understand completely what you’re saying, but it sounds like the loop that you make when you bind is sticking out after the yoyo winds up. If that’s the case, then make the loop a little smaller by moving your finger down the string a little more before you bind. It helps reduce snags, too.

JUST MY OPINION but i think he means the binds just come back, wayyy to fast. All I can say is that don’t bind when you have a bad throw right away. Straighten it out on a trapeze. Becuase if you bind right away then it will snap back at you. Especcially if you have a PGM v.2.

\If I am wrong, please critize, like most other people on the forum (including me half the time)

You’ll get used to the pain! No pain no gain!!!

Try catching it with a different part of your hand…

Don’t throw so hard. Gauge what you plan on doing with this throw. Are you doing ladder escape? Give it some oomf. Are you doing Kwyjibo? Not so hard.

When you catch the yoyo, make sure you are ready for it with your hand open to avoid the yoyo from hitting your fingers. Also, if you see that the yoyo is spinning rather fast for a bind, then try to slow it down. (Grinds would be perfect for this)