Smashing is leaving?!

@chaosgow

7 Likes

Sad news, love my Crucible which was hand swapped by @chaosgow. Best 7075 “ting” noise ever.

2 Likes

The float is so good. Terrible that he won’t be making yo-yos for a while. :frowning:

2 Likes

nooo @chaosgow

1 Like

Was always considering buying a Float. Might buy one soon considering that they will probably be extinct in the near future. Will definitely do so if I get my dream job at the interview I have on wednesday.

This seems to be the state of small yoyo communities atm. They are more of a hobby than a practical money-making business, so I entirely understand closing shop. It’s better than companies that go AWOL and nobody knows what happened.

2 Likes

Yeah you should get one ASAP if you are interested.

2 Likes

Yea I;m sorry. I will continue to make small runs of yoyo designs, but I had to knock Smashing on the head.

It’s been a real pleasure working with Andre. Words can’t express how supportive he is. (YYE is also getting a handful of Titanium Floats, so look out for that)

13 Likes

:scream: :scream:

This is because nobody liked the birthday splash, isn’t it. I LIKED IT!

6 Likes

At the end of the day, you come first. Im glad you are taking care of yourself to better yourself. Im sad to see a YoYoCo go, but I understand pretty well. Much love and best of luck to you and yours Smashing. Maybe our paths will cross in the future, maybe not. Either way, thank you.

7 Likes

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

2 Likes

Still 14 of them in stock on YYE, if it looks like that number is precariously dwindling by tomorrow, I might. Otherwise ill probably only buy it if my interview goes promising. As motivation and such.

1 Like

I also really liked the bday splash. Colourful and happy, like a birthday should be.

6 Likes

Birthday splash was 100% on point my man. I loved it. Your colorways are always (makes chef’s kiss gesture). Sometimes, people have no taste! Here’s some other birthday splashes…

(I will say a yellow base is gonna be a hard sell in general. But yellow birthday cake!!)

7 Likes

Hope to try a smashing - never threw one - I hope everything will sort itself with a little attention. And that you come back refreshed and can balance it. Thanks for being an important part of the community. :pray:

-Josh

3 Likes

Diddo.

2 Likes

Sick halfswap!

1 Like

Very cool… Ritter? Makes me want a milkshake and cake!

1 Like

Such a bummer, but understandable. I’ll keep rocking this Monocle like the monopoly man
IMG_20190117_164923_655

7 Likes

Fun fact, the Monopoly Man NEVER had a monocle! Mandela effect everyone!

3 Likes

lol?

2 Likes