Small collection appreciation thread

In an effort to push against the drive to celebrate new yo-yo purchases and large collections that we often see online, here’s a thread dedicated to pictures of small collections.

The intent isn’t really for a random set of a few yo-yos because they’re the only ones you have as a new yoyoer, but more for those who have narrowed their collection down to a select group over the years.

Bonus points for cool themes or any sort of noteworthy collections. Maybe you just love anti-yo and only own a Bape, Eetsit, YWET, Biz and Fluchs.

I don’t have a pic of my own to share yet, but hopefully in the near future I’ll have it where I want it to be.

10 Likes

About 3 /4 of my collection are YYF yoyos.

3 Likes

Here’s what I’m currently keeping. More than half the case is being kept for sentimental reasons. The left row and the wistera are currently being kept for being my favorite players. Wisteria is one of the smoothest and most stable throws I’ve played. ND and Boy are surprisingly fast in play. The boy’s centerweight gives it a unique feel. The SIP is a blast with how big and light it is and the Krown ST just makes hitting tricks really easy. The Blue Patriot in the center is actually a 1/12 hybrid I got at the yoyojam booth at nationals 06 and the Crazy D above it was a glow version from Nats one of the later years. The japan nationals patriot at the top was a birthday present and the quail next to it was a gift for my brothers bachelor party. Below that is my original grail which is the alex kim custom anodized barebones that was on yoyomuseum followed by my dv888 I won for winning idaho states in 2009. The final throw is a yoyofactory OneStar from yoyobrothers who I used to chat with regularly and had a lot of fun helping.

You can see some of the other stuff that’s passed through my hands here:
Imgur

4 Likes

Here’s what I’m hoping my collection looks like after my upcoming sale

7 Likes

@You just sent me down a 30 minute rabbit hole about the SIP what a cool yoyo it holds a coin and i think you can screw a soda lid on it. All sorts of weird. I like it.