small bearing

why is small bearing good?

It’s personal preference. For me (most of the time) I actually prefer a larger bearing. Just gotta experiment and see what you like.

some people like large bearings for 1a string tricks. other people like small bearings for 5a counterweight

…and sometimes its all what mood you are in. I love to throw 1A w/ sizeA bearings. Most of the time you’ll find either my Mayhem or one of my FHZ’s in my hand, but I love my X-con and Punchline too.

IMO, it’s not good. LB is where it’s at.

When you throw a small bearing yoyo, it has a higher RPM than a large bearing throw. That makes it so it can still have tight binds when there is a very low RPM. Many 5a players throw small bearing because of the tight binds at low RPMs.

Personally, I like both. 2010 FH’s are effing amazing, but I still prefer my Peak and H2O over that. Both are good, Its just your preference.

This and the fact that small bearings have much less gyroscopic movement when at rest while spinning due to the fact that the string doesn’t slide around much. They are much more stable at rest because the string stays closer to that “middle” of the yo-yo.

However, many people prefer LB because SB require more accuracy. There’s less space to hit (tiny gap, it’s much easier to tilt a SB because of sloppy or inaccurate play) and not as much can fit in that opening. SB aren’t too happy when you throw brain-twister combos with 4 or 5 wraps at them. :smiley:

In the end, it all comes down to what you prefer. I like both!

[quote="_|@<06,post:6,topic:17556"]
…and the heart is where all the love in the body is stored, and it constantly pumps love throughout the body. Love is warm, which is why you have body heat. What a convenient explanation, eh?

The optimal bearing diameter for a yoyo has to do with rimweight. More rimweight, bigger bearing, all other things being equal. However, most manufacturers (and users) are under the impression that a large bearing must also require a larger gap, which can somewhat or completely negate any benefits in terms of optimization regarding weight distribution. It also results in a yoyo that requires more string to bind and grabs less of it, producing a distinct thunk at the end of the string and potentially making regenerations quite painful. On the other hand, there are the folks who put waaaaay too much rimweight on a small bearing diameter and a too-wide gap, and you end up with massive amounts of throwback and waste some or a lot of the energy you could be putting in when you throw.