SKYLiGHT vs JetSet EG or JetSet EG. W

I’m looking to buy a 4A throw soon, so which of these 3 should I get? What are their strengths and weaknesses? Thanks in advance for responding.

1 Like

Haven’t tried the EG.W yet, but I assume it plays similarly to the EG.
The SKYLiGHT is an absolute powerhouse. Its beefy rims make it super stable and it spins, fingerspins, and grinds longer than most 4a yoyos… Personally, the only problem I have with it is the low wall. It makes regens and slack binds more difficult (in my opinion). I find that low-walled 4a throws are great for tricks that don’t involve response/regeneration.

The EG is also fantastic. It’s less powerful, but it has an absolutely perfect response. You’ll feel like you’re cheating when you do slack binds. It also bounces better when dropped. The biggest problem I’ve had with the EG is that the axle housings strip after a while. I don’t know if other people have had this issue, but I’ve had it happen to me multiple times.

If you’re a beginner or intermediate, I’d definitely go with the SKYLiGHT for its stability and durability. Best of luck!

2 Likes

I’m pretty good with 1A by now, but I’ll be new to 4A, so I’ll probably get the SKYLiGHT,
based on your reply. Thank you!

1 Like