Which 4a yoyo should I get?

I have a Flight pro, but want to try soloham. I also like whip binds and regens. Which yoyo should I get? Price cap $65. I am considering the iYoYo SKYLiGHT, the C3 Contrail, And the Jetset EG W (which is what I want the most but cannot find anywhere. Other suggestions are welcome.

1 Like

Soloham gets a lot easier with two of the same yoyo.

The 4A yoyos you listed are all choices you cant really go wrong with. You should also check out the Anarchy and Flex by Mowl.

2 Likes

I own a iYoYo SKYLiGHT and a Jetset EG (not the EG W, but I imagine they’re similar), and have never tried a Contrail. I can vouch for the Jetset EG’s slack bind and regen capabilities. It makes regens super comfortable and it binds like a charm, even on risky binds. The iYoYo SKYLiGHT is certainly more powerful on the string and an awesome throw overall, but because of the extreme H shape, it’s not as good for regens.

1 Like

Unfortunately the only real experience I’ve ever had with a 4a throw is the YYR Supercell, but it’s a little out of your price range at $85. However, I can say it’s a really really really good option. Binds are amazing with it. Personally, between the two you were looking at, I’d go with the Jetset, but that’s just my opinion never having tried one.

1 Like

For soloham, I believe you can still get the Hajime Miura O.N.E. bundle that comes with two EGW’s like the ones he used at worlds last year

Dude the Supercell is my favorite offstring by far. Everything I said about the Jetset is amplified with the Supercell. The low diameter makes it slightly less powerful, but it also makes it so much more maneuverable with regens.

1 Like

Have you swapped in the HKMT Grip-C pads yet? Been wanting to give it a try since it’s been a little snag prone at times

I have put in the Grip-C pads. They seem to make the response more reliable and predictable. They definitely don’t decrease the response, though. They respond similar to the stock pads if I remember correctly. I guess I’m weird, I embrace the snag :stuck_out_tongue: Supercell with Grip-C and regular kitty string is my ideal offstring setup currently.

Oh sweet! I haven’t been able to find the pads anywhere so I haven’t been able to give them a try haha. Been using kitty fat and the stock pads (yeah I know the string is toI thick for the gap lol)

1 Like

Got some of the HKMT offstring strings on the way so hopefully those are nice

I definitely need to try out those HKMT strings out. I started using kitty fat on the supercell at first as well, and quickly switched to regular. I really like the feeling of the size D bearing, but I’m not sure where to get replacement pads since the HKMT pads are sold out here on YYE lol

Rewind has the pads, but they’re not listed as size D, or C or whatever. I have no idea which are the right ones as they’re listed as Slim, Ring, and Small, and Grip C is only available as Ring size

1 Like