Silicone users, wait no more!

Hey kids, don’t make me come back there. :wink:

1 Like

If you can’t wait for something to dry naturally why bother?

Its more like, “If I’m gonna pour silicone anyways, why not?”

And as a general statement to everyone. It holds up just as well, and I have been throwing this and my Markmont Classic siliconed the same way without any signs of accelerated wear. If you know how acetoxy curing silicone works, then there isn’t really anything to talk about.

Apparently I missed that part of middle school. But since you’ve given me pause, let’s just theorize here: the violet glass is a filter. It will only allow certain light to pass through. The rest of the light is… trapped/absorbed by the glass. The glass gets hot and radiates the heat it has stored.

Vs. “soft white” lights, which diffuse and store some of the light, but pass more of it through… where it will directly impact the target. Primary heat instead of secondary.

I don’t see that this is going to make an incredible difference in the cure time. You will probably not want to touch either with your bare fingers, but I see how the black light might have a higher surface temperature. Both will store and then radiate a significant amount of heat. If there’s a difference in efficiency of the glass as a primary storage or pass-through of the heat energy, I don’t think it will be of the magnitude that you’re imagining. I think the net radiation of heat is going to be comparable.

Hypothesis and experiment! That’s what I need to do! Not that the answer isn’t probably available on the internet, but “created” knowledge is way more powerful!

Just like everything else in this world the context of this thread is based on a quick fix.

Wait until you forget to turn it off. :smiley:

This thread was the best entertainment i could ask for on a tuesday night. :smiley: I never thought people could argue over how to dry silicone. ::slight_smile:

People are wierd

no, some people are just lazy, impatient, and stubborn.

Critical thinking and debate are the fruits of healthy minds! I’ll debate anything that has two sides and the ability to be analysed. :wink:

At the end of the day, it’s science, right? “I have a hypothesis and these are the results of my test.” “Ah, but your testing methodology and interpretation seems to be flawed.”

Seems to be a perfectly valid intellectual exercise to me. And, it entertained at least one person. :wink:

If somewhere on my internet travels I had stumbled into what you might consider a more “worthwhile” discussion, I’m sure I could have diverted my energy in that direction instead. But I didn’t. This is the one I stumbled into and it turns out I was game for it.

And I’m weird.

http://goo.gl/0b6Z7u
http://goo.gl/GxtJjp

1 Like

^^ This guy!