Silicone Recess Silk?

Can you do it?
would it be the same, as to say, A FHZ?
I know the plastic is different so yeah.

As far as I know, yes you could recess it.

If your asking if I can do it then Heck yeah! Plastic is a little different and it cuts different. If you are gonna do it then go for it. If you want someone to do it then let me know.

h

Oh aha. I was gunna have my friend do it, but he wants to know if its a big difference in plastic and cutting.

Yea.

I did it to mine (My Friend did) and schmooved it and it was awesome.

hmm. Maybe I can try schooving it too.
Is it kinda the same concept?
Spin - carve - etc?

Yeppers.

Search it on google, you should get some good results.

Um. I can’t find any results. haha.
It must be because i’m lame.

Its just softer than polycarbonate yoyo’s. Thats all.

Oh alright, got it.

Hi hey guys I’m the friend he gave the silk to and am just wondering how to get it on my drill, I tried to grab the nipple of the yo but it doesn’t get it.

You’ll need to grab the axle. The nipple part is too big. You might end up having to have it part way in and then going in at an angle to make the recess.

So I have to recess it backwards?

No, that wouldn’t be a good idea. Just stick the axle partway into the drill and jiggle it around until it’s centered on the drill. Then hold your recessing instrument next to the drill and recess it where it usually would be. The other option would be to get a lathe or get a modder to do it for you with a lathe.

[quote=“Brian,post:14,topic:6027”]

No, that wouldn’t be a good idea. Just stick the axle partway into the drill and jiggle it around until it’s centered on the drill. Then hold your recessing instrument next to the drill and recess it where it usually would be. The other option would be to get a lathe or get a modder to do it for you with a lathe.
[/quote
Is that not backwards?

Yes that would be backwards. kinda hard too. It would be better done on a lathe considering the chuck won’t be in the way.

I guess I thought you meant you would do the recess from the outside where the nipple is. My bad.

I see what you mean I should have been more specific. Hopefully we have a lathe in engineering class, and I’m allowed to use it. Thanks guys for the help.

you should cause you can do it to almost any yoyo