Sig size limitation needed

I think the board needs a limit on sig pic size. Some of them are getting way to large and make it hard to follow a topic. for instance…

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. 100px by 400px is plenty big for whatever artistic idea you are trying to share and 125px by 500px is more than enough. There is no reason for anything larger.

1 Like

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

125x500 sounds good to me.

I think that 150x500 is a good size. You have to cater to the people who like sig banners aswell. If you limited it to 125x500 my awesome sig would need to be chopped down and in my eyes its completely uninvasive.

You should also limit it to ONE PICTURE PER SIG. Oh god I have seen some really bad ones filled with pictures that are super irritating.

OR We can say that the total size of your sig TOTAL with all pictures and text has to be under 200x500 but limit the size of images to 150x500. So that way people have 50 pixels of writing space.

A pic of 125 or 150 x 500, plus maybe no more than 4 text lines would work.

For now I have made max images in signature at 200px x 500 px.

If that doesn’t work let me know and we can change it.

Thanks!

3 Likes

awesome

I think that some sort of re-hashing the signatures is in order because some people still have signatures that are larger than that limit.

Yes, there are. I think the issue is that the sig size limitation is in the sig upload/creation routine rather than in the sig display routine. That’s the way most forum software packages work. It more than likely requires admin/moderator effort/intervention to make it retroactive.

No with all forum software there is a way to reformat the sigs for all members. Takes a few minutes for processing. “Rehashing”.