Shutter has major vibe

Hello I recently got a brand new Shutter from Yoyofactory and have been playing with it for a feel days now. I have experienced a lot of vibe consistently. The yoyo is brand new with the stock bearing and has never been hit against a wall or floor. Can anyone help out, Thank you in advance

3 Likes

can you check if it still vibes after you touch the yoyo in the string gap when spinning with your finger for a while?

1 Like

It still vibes

1 Like

make sure it’s screwed together all the way. that can effect vibe, a lot.

1 Like

I recently purchased a shutter WA. It also had some tiny vibe. Tried to tune it some but still has a tiny bit of vibe. But i would try to tune it next. May not fix but may help.

2 Likes

hm could be a dud, video?

https://youtu.be/9sSvZd_jRoA
If you need a better video or anything else just tell me

1 Like

How experienced are you? I have experienced vibe on perfect yoyos due to my throw, but, you did say after touching the yoyo with your fingernail, there was still vibe.

That said, you can contact the seller you purchased it from and have them evaluate and address the situation.

1 Like

Both me and my friend who also tried the yoyo are both pretty experienced. I bought it from YYE so should I contact them?

Ya man they are great they will 100 percent help you out

1 Like

How can I contact them?

You can message andre on the forums here or go to the contact portion of of the main site. They also have a phone number listed there. I have called them before. Super cool cats some of the best customer service I’ve had

3 Likes

Ok, Thank you for all the help

No problem :slight_smile:

I would send them a message. YYE’s customer service is top notch. While I’m sure YYF takes QC very seriously, they are still humans and, we all make mistakes. You should probably contact YYE through the contact page, but, I’ve tagged @YoYoExpertGarrett here to get this on his radar

1 Like

Is that Video after you touch the yoyo with finger?

No worries. Happy to help!

3 Likes

There’s a old nice thread on the forum about tuning the yoyo to remove or at least reduce vibes, I also used this method to screw a stripped yoyo: