Show us your 3d printed yoyos!

i have been trying to make 3d printed yoyos, it’s really hard especially since I’m using tinker CAD so i have to center everything perfectly. maybe you guys can show me how you do the bearing seating.
i know that @wayne927 has some pretty interesting solutions.

1 Like

14 Likes

the first ones cup reminds me of one of the yoyomaker yoyos

I picked these since all is different axel and bearing seat solutions.

this is the yoyo I’m working on

1 Like

Here a plastic seat example

5 Likes

since then i have made the cup much shallower and am making modifications to the bearing seat

have yo ever had trouble with the bearing post coming off?

1 Like

Yeah it is layered plastic… happens :smile:. Just print a new one NP

Looking at the design I guess your weight distribution will not spin so well since it is very even. But give it a try. I made hundreds till I was satisfied

3D printing yo-yo is fascinating to me. I noticed different materials used between the hub and seat. Is that to leverage material property differences or for easy part swapping?

1 Like

Right it is both. I printed the seats out of a harder material. And yes they are swappable to use C and D and also if one breaks you just replace the seat.

If you don’t mind me prying what materials did you find work well for the hub and bearing seat? PETG or ASA for bearing seat? Hub PLA?

2 Likes

I mean it does not really matter tbh. This is PLA shells and ABS seats. But it is just gimmicky…

12 Likes

Nice family pic :smile:

2 Likes

How big is this thing?

2 Likes

Diameter 179mm
Width 146mm
Weight 334g

5 Likes

Nice1

Is the big one playable?

3 Likes

Can you put a string on it? Yes
Can you wind it up? Yes
Does it roll down the string? Yes
Does it come back up? :roll_eyes: … maybe?

9 Likes