Show off your Yoyo Photography!

I remember back in the day when yotography was a controversial word.

From what I can tell there is no significant difference. That being said, I for some reason prefer playing with the 6061. I honestly couldn’t tell you why. Maybe it’s just a mental thing, I don’t know.

1 Like

you’re shots are immaculate!
I assume you used a big mirror on the floating shot or just a good ol photoshop?

1 Like

Nope, no joke just threw them up in the air :rofl: but thank you!!

3 Likes

Tried to keep it bare and simple

16 Likes

I really need to step out of my comfort zone to take pics like this or with staged photos, I’m usually just taking photos in a bare lightbox just getting only the subject of the yoyo and ignoring the background.

I think if you did this at an angle, and zoomed in more it would add a little more character, the bareness is nice though.

1 Like

11 Likes

I’ve taken a few more that I’m especially proud of since my last post in the thread.

FH1 w/ Unknown Caps

Polyform A4

My All Time Top 5 (as of May 2023)

Some of the GOAT CLYW’s

And these pics of my Peak make my mouth water lmao

32 Likes

Those are some HOT pics.

2 Likes

:camera_flash: Was on an unrelated photoshoot. Had these two yo-yo’s on hand and couldn’t resist throwing em in the frame.

29 Likes

A few I used my camera on, capturing yo-yos on a camera is a lot harder than I thought. Showing the shape of the throw and the inner cup was a tough one for my to get the feel of.

20 Likes

Very nice :grin:

1 Like

Love that Ti Triton shot. What was the product you were set up to shoot there?

2 Likes

I was shooting props from the movie “Amistad” out of all things.
Never know what’s gonna come through the studio. :smile:

Btw, this yoyo is an absolute joy to play. You nailed It! :+1:

3 Likes

9 Likes

Putting together a photography workshop and took the chance to shoot one of my throws.

TopYo Colossus VI

23 Likes

That’s pretty cool

1 Like

MagicYoyo Z series

13 Likes

Nice shot! I really like that backdrop, too. Looks like the black circles where lifted up at the top and the shadows give it dimension. Was this a composite shot?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

That is exactly it, I layered and spaced all the backdrop circles. Here’s a behind the scenes.

No real compositing for this one, I had to do some focus stacking just to get depth of field throughout.

12 Likes