Show off your Spinworthy Throws

Button with matching leather caps and weight, just because it’s nice to dress up sometimes.

And the one you’ve all been waiting to see…
Metal Harbinger!

8 Likes

Awesome! How are you enjoying it?

Loving it. So far it exceeds all expectations.

The 48g weight is really nice because the weight distribution and metal quality are just spot on, feels elegant and powerful in the hand.
Momentum/spin time is much more like my 66g Black Mamba Steel than anything sub55g.
Doesn’t feel floaty at all, especially played side by side with my Pacquiao (49g) which is wider with thinner metal.
Wall height and catch zone are nice, tricks feel neat even when I know I’ve snagged the rim or gone off plane.
Acceleration/deceleration as the string unwinds and winds is very smooth, hasn’t felt like there are too many winds round the bearing (I’m not sure how to describe this but you’ll know that feeling of the string bump when you throw a forward pass and accidentally sleep it).
Finish feels great, grinds well on my leathery fingers and on the thumbnail. Colours and engraving look great.
So far I think I like it best with thin string but that might change after a few months thrashing out the pads and bearing. I’ve found myself paying more attention to string tension than usual (but I am all about freehand). Neutral tension plus 2-3 twists and I can do whips and suicides. Tightening up changes the feel enough for 0A tricks to be nice and snappy.

This would be the final revision prototype I think. Should be the same as YYE gets, has a flat nub. If I missed anything just ask.

4 Likes

Cool! I think this is one from the production run. That orange and blue half swap is one of the colourways for the run.

I’ve only got one.

8 Likes