Show off your Spinworthy Throws

i just got my knacks last night @Glenacius_K !!! i haven’t had a chance to even open the package yet… i had a bunch of stuff going and it was late. i’ll be cracking it open and ripping them when i get home today! thank you!!

5 Likes

That really just my estimate. I could be off by a bit.

That is, if the yoyos aren’t incinerated upon entering the USA.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Is there a concern about the wood traveling internationally? What wood are they made from?

2 Likes

No you didn’t. That Skeletor is dope.

3 Likes

They’re beech and white oak. They have always let my small packages of wooden yoyos through, but a larger package I’ve never sent before. Wooden items are apparently prohibited.

2 Likes

…thinking happy thoughts…:fist:

1 Like

Thanks!!

2 Likes

I got these last year. I havnt bought any other fixed axles mainly because the weight and feel of my Harbinger is about perfect for my preferences.

4 Likes

Daaaaang!

Is that one one on the right got your initial branded? Sweeeeeeeet!

(I really hope the other is disassembled on purpose)

Glen was really nice a put a Z on one side for me. The other side has the Spinworthy logo.

The Scorcher was a freebie, I played it alot, and hard. I’m dumb and broke the axle.

2 Likes

That means you got your mileage out of it. Sad it’s broken, but proud of its journey.

2 Likes

alright, i finally got to pulling the box apart - and i’m very happy this was part of my mail day… i have spinworthy wood!

9 Likes

Cool! Let me know how you like the play.

2 Likes

You’re certainly not dumb. The Scorchers were heavy and only had a 1/4" walnut axle. That’s fine in a lighter throw, but I learned since that heavier woods can’t handle this.

4 Likes

Looks like the yoyos made it through US customs. They should arrive at YYE soon.

9 Likes

Woooooo!

so i got to throw these around a little bit last night - and plan to today as well - but i was i was very impressed with my first spinworthy(s). you can really get a hell of a throw out of these! my little guy was watching me… he’s 8 and throws with me as well… and i was doing some pull start type stuff with the notches (albeit not as gracefully as glen), and dude lit up like a christmas tree… so, i’m down to 2 of the 3 spinworthys now… and little guy is up to one

anyway, the notches are really cool, i’ll play around with them more. i’m one who deosn’t like sharp edges, so these are perfect for me. the gap seemed to taper off sooner or was narrower on the prototypes than the the fixed axles i’m normally playing, (no jives, an eh, and i have a bearing blank on a daytona right now), so i had to be ‘tighter’ going through tricks too. i’ll swap out the strings maybe too

i appreciate glen’s work. they’re nicely finished, and he has a real good eye for detail. i’m looking forward to these popping up on the site. nice job man, thank you.

i’ll be keeping one of these in my pocket for a bit

9 Likes

That Knack looks dreamy. What’s the retail going to be?

2 Likes

OK, I’ve been meaning to do this… In the meantime my collection has grown.

11 Likes