Shoutout to MK-1 Yoyos and a few awesome members of the community

Hi all! I’m new to the forum, so I’m not sure if this sort of thing is allowed, but I just wanted to give a shoutout to MK-1 Yoyos and a few folks in particular who have really helped me fall in love with the hobby.

I returned to the yoyo scene a couple of months ago as a total newb. I hadn’t so much as thrown a yoyo in over a decade. When I started poking around in online communities, I found a few places that seemed comfortable enough to help ease back into the hobby. I found the MK-1 Yoyo team in those communities and they’ve been incredibly helpful every step of the way. I decided to pick up one of their throws (the Contact) as my first metal yoyo and I’m so glad that I did. They fielded every question I had about yoyo companies, buying yoyos online, trick mechanics, yoyo maintenance, and yoyo design. They even helped me through my first BST for a yoyo completely unrelated to their company.

I really enjoy the community I’ve found so far and wanted to express my appreciation to the MK-1 crew, @MarkD and @EOS44 in particular. I also wanted to give a shoutout to @Thesonicpineapple of Rain City Skills. She’s been a wonderful resource, answering countless questions about technique and development as a player. Thank you to the yoyo community I’ve found thus far and thank you to the three of you in particular—I doubt I would have caught onto yoyoing as much as I did without your help!

I’m happy to be a part of this hobby.

24 Likes

Mk1 team is great!

9 Likes

:heart:

(yes Discourse, this is a full sentence, now leave me alone)

8 Likes

This was delightful for me to read and it’s made my day several times over now. Thank you.

7 Likes