Should I get the g5 or superstar or 888

Wanna get one in future

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here. The G5 and Superstar are both bigger than the 888, which is undersized. The G5 has a more pronounced shape than the superstar and the superstar more than the 888.

I do have a few more questions to ask which could help us figure out which one would be best for you!

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  4. What weight is ideal to you?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your skill level?
1 Like

1.Any size
2.Any thing but flat
3.Maintain
4.60-70
5.Not really
6.String trick
7.intermediate
Thanks for helping me :smiley:

Any time. :wink: And your preferences are pretty generic but I think we can still help. hehe

The 888 is well, the 888. It’s pretty much legendary, still probably the most popular high end metal yoyo out there. It was used to win 4 competitions in fact. It is undersized, spins fast, and is so dead smooth. I’ve played every model, and I’ve owned like 6 of them but now I’m down to four. The current available model is the 888x. Alot of people are dissatisfied with them compared to the previous models but is nonetheless a fantastic throw still. I think you’ll still like it, I have 2 of them and I LOVE them.

The Superstar is a little bigger in size than the 888, so if you’re used to smaller throws like the 888, it may take some getting used to. But you should have no problem adjusting if you haven’t thrown a bigger sixed throw. It has more pronounced rims too. Fun fact, it was used to win Worlds in 2008 by John Ando.

The G5 isn’t the most popular yoyo out there. It has a VERT pronounced rim shape compared to the superstar. But due to those rims, it spins long and it spins STABLE. Honestly, I wouldn’t really reccomend it if you’re intermediate/not used to hshaped throws.

Also, I would recommend some cheaper throws like the Dv888, or Protostar that play up there with the high end yoyos if you’re not wanting to spend $100 for those throws. The protostar is actually one of my favorite yoyos and I have owned some pretty nice throws and it plays JUST as good.

1 Like

I think I’m gonna get the protostar then a superstar with z stacks. :slight_smile:

Fantastic choice!

Have fun learning tricks, and again welcome to the forums. Tell us how you like the throws when you get them.

And if you need help with anything else, don’t be afraid to ask or PM me. :smiley:

1 Like

thumbs up I’ve played with both the Protostar and the Superstar (still one of my favourite throws despite the uber expensive Jap throws I own). They’re both fantastic. I’m curious about how the Superstar would play with z-stacks though.

Yuki

1 Like

Mind chage I’m gonna get a g5 but if they run out I’m gonna get a superstar.finger cross no one buys the 3 g5 left

My superstar vibes a ton with z-stacks on. like, unusable amounts of vibe. I guess it just might be a bad set of stacks, but I wouldn’t recommend getting them. As I understand it, they’re pretty much meant only for the g5. They’re technically compatible with all other stacked throws, but that doesn’t mean you should use them. It’s kind of like with the Catch 22 and Catch13. They can be stacked, but it adds vibe if you do.