Should i clean my bearing?

If you don’t want to deal with the dremel stuff and getting your own graphite powder from pencil lead, check out YYF’s dark matter lube, it does a similar thing, though it’s not dry lube.

If you want true dry lube, try contacting Big Bang Bandalores on Instagram and ask for their Micronised Nano Lube. Its out of stock on their website but you may have some luck contacting them directly. It’s a carbon based dry lube. I have one bottle and it works great and is easy to apply, as there is a brush inside to apply it.

2 Likes

How about Lock Lube?

1 Like

That one works as well, 3-in-1 oil is often used as a replacement for thin lube for yoyos.

1 Like

Wow. So many new methods. I thought this was going to be the same old bearing cleaning thread.
I’m interested in trying some sort of dry lube.

I use acetone and compressed air which for the most part works well. Sometimes though, I cant quite get back to “clean”.

2 Likes

You can buy powdered graphite at the hardware store. It’s sold as a lock lubricant. Personally I find it very messy when used in a yoyo.

1 Like

First; I remove the old bearing - then I replace it with a new one that cost $8.

If you want to stop replacing the bearing when it gets crunchy; buy a top-quality bearing from NSK or any other quality manufacturer - retailer. It will last a lifetime - but costs $20+.

With precision bearings; you get what you pay for.

1 Like

Graphite will also stain and be a b* to get out of carpet. May be easier to avoid.

1 Like

from my personal experience (I have adopted this system for 10 years, with rare exceptions in which I am in a great hurry), I can say that by blowing off the excess graphite well before reassembling the bearing, this lubrication does not cause problems and ensures a effectiveness of a few years of time … something that is not obtained with other methods.