Shelf or case?

How do you guys store your throws? I prefer cases but do any of you use shelves? If so we’re did you get them or how did you build them?

8 Likes

Case all the way, missing an mmc by my dang 2 but its all good. Got this at IKEA

11 Likes

Ok yeah I will still is my case probably

1 Like

See Inexpensive DIY Wall Mounted Display also – Michael’s (a craft store in the US) has tons of options.

6 Likes

Case for me. It gets real dusty out here so rather than clean my bearings constantly I put them in a plastic pistol case and call it good. Plus my “collection” is small enough that I’ll take them all with me around the house and play them all through out the day when I get the chance. There’s also no denying that sweet moment you open your hard shell case like a Bond villain.

3 Likes

IKEA is the best.

1 Like

Well, I had a shoe box when I was a kid, then I had a case, then I had shelves, then I had a vehicle, a house, a garage, a ski locker and each and every one of these is and always has been a yoyo storage device. SO……….there ya have it. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Shelf! I’ve built one out of reclaimed oak

But after I move, I think I’ll upgrade to this bad boy

12 Likes

How dare you build a nice shelf. Out of real wood no less. Shame on your skills. Making those of us who are dangerous with tools look bad.

4 Likes

Soda crates from Michael’s and shelf from Ikea. I used to keep them in cases but having them out makes it easy to give them all love and enjoy the art of them. A nice display creates pop culture art!

14 Likes

Nice piece of irradecent hematite you got there next to Yoda! :wink:

4 Likes

I got it from a really amazing BST pal! Thanks again Jamie it is the best pack-in I ever received with a sale or trade!

4 Likes

Boxes :pleading_face:

1 Like

This is quite an old thread, but here’s how I used to display my collection:

I’m closing on a new home next week (eek!) and look forward to moving out of my Airbnb and into my new place. My yoyos have been trapped in Storage Unit limbo for six months!

7 Likes

Contest bags/cases.

I don’t like to leave yoyos out to collect dust when I’m not using them, and I don’t have enough available wall space to fit an enclosed stand-up display case large enough for my collection. Plus, contest bags stack pretty nicely.

2 Likes