severe vs g5

I’ve tried both of these yoyos and like both of them but cant decide between them. I can only get one so which should I get? I want you to try and convince me to get one or the other.

If you want to do serious tricks, i would say Severe, because G5 is so thin, its almost a novelty for top tips and such. I am not saying the G5 is bad at all though, I just think you will look back and be happier with a severe.

Ive tried a Severe but not a G5, the Severe is really floaty and good for 5a. Its not the best for grinds. The G5 has the pretty z stacks though.

Severe no doubt it is so much smoother and more stable

Ok I’ll get the severe and probably find $10 somewhere and buy a Pgm with the extra money for stacks

Yeah G5 is kinda thin. If you want something similar to the G5 but much wider, and a little smoother etc. I would say get a Genisis unless you already have one. Although I even like my G5. Never tried a Severe before, but then again I like to have a nice lip thumb grinds, and so I never really wanted one. That is a major plus for the G5 under the Z stack you also have a nice grinding lip. (I’m rambling and I’m gonna stop now)

stacks are useless. you will get bored with them after 10 mins

This man must not have seen Jacob Deffenbaugh’s or Steve Brown’s freestyles with Zstacks…

Though honestly it’d only take you 20 minutes to get bored of them… :stuck_out_tongue:

There not useless, you can do tricks with them, find some, make them up.

@buddyjim I’ve tried my friends genesis and didn’t like it

About stacks I’ve tried other peoples g5s and 888 and other stacked yoyos and had fun with the stacks but I haven’t played for longer than a few min with stacks so I’m not sure if I would get bored of the or not.

It seems like every one says to not get the g5 so I’ll probably get the severe, but should I wait until the sever3 or get the 2010 version

sever3 was just the shop name. it’s officially the supernova now. and i say, get BOTH.

Cool beans dude. I was just saying what worked for me. You must have skinnier fingers to like the G5.

I guess my fingers are small…
Is about 1 cm wide small?

Well not small just smaller. My finger actually gets squeezed by the G5 rims.

The Sever3 is in prototype stages actually right now, and only few are produced so far. And it’s not changed to the supernova BTW.

lies. i just got a SUPERNOVA from jason lee. it has been changed, and it is officially the supernova now. i have one in my hand right now. nice try though.

2010 severe, and the supernova are not going to play the same. I don’t have a suggestion for you but don’t just think one is going to be better. Tyler is just going to have two differnt signiture yoyos.

Also the g5, and the severe don’t compare well. They are totaly differnt animals.

I think I’m just gunna get the severe mabey the sever3/supernova or g5 later

id honestly go with a 2010 severe if you can find one.( they have them here at YYE but it’s kinda pricey. PM me about this.)
but otherwise, the g5 is a novelty.

You should wait for the supernova definetly, try and pick up a special edition if u can :smiley: