Sengoku Presents: Orochi!

Orochi-Featured

After many years I finally came up with an organic design worthy of the brand. The design must be elegant, classic, and have a pure organic feeling. What sets this yoyo apart from the typical Organic yoyo are the measures, weight distribution, and overall comfort in the hand. After experiencing working with many alloys, I came up with wall measurements and general weight distribution that only the Alloy 7068 can only do while withstanding a good amount of punishment.

Orochi-Red-Blue-Acid-Wash-Black-Rims Orochi-Red-Blue-Acid-Wash-Black-Rims-2 Orochi-Red-Blue-Acid-Wash-Black-Rims-3

The rings take the most advantage of the light body to allocate a good chunk of the weight for an extended spinning time and end in a curve for a more roundish side shape and comfortable in hand.

The idea of making an Organic has been bugging me since the beginning. I see that idea as a snake that keeps growing and lurking. There is a legendary massive snake in Japanese folklore named “Orochi.” I dig the name, and when the inspiration finally came, I thought it was a good name and concept for the model. I present you the Orochi!

14 Likes

Don’t sleep on this one. It’s a slapper.

It single handedly got me through my final exams this semester.

The stress absorbing powers are real.

4 Likes