Sengoku Orochi

It has been almost a decade designing yoyos. The idea was to make a brand with innovation in mind, trying new stuff but always with excellent performance.

I always loved Organic yoyos, but Organic goes opposite the brand’s territory. It is hard to develop an original shape, and according to the laws of physics, the V shape is much easier to work with if competition performance is what you want.

After many years I finally came up with an organic design worthy of the brand.

The design must be elegant, classic, and have a pure organic feeling. What sets this yoyo apart from the typical Organic yoyo are the measures, weight distribution, and overall comfort in the hand. After experiencing working with many alloys, I came up with wall measurements and general weight distribution that only the Alloy 7068 can only do while withstanding a good amount of punishment.

The rings take the most advantage of the light body to allocate a good chunk of the weight for an extended spinning time and end in a curve for a more roundish side shape and comfortable in hand.

The idea of making an Organic has been bugging me since the beginning. I see that idea as a snake that keeps growing and lurking. There is a legendary massive snake in Japanese folklore named “Orochi.” I dig the name, and when the inspiration finally came, I thought it was a good name and concept for the model.

I present you the Orochi!

28 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Holy balls this is gorgeous.

1 Like

(Robin jumping around in the background yelling “YES! YES! YES!”)

2 Likes

Specs?

2 Likes

And release date?!

1 Like

specs please?

2 Likes

56.5 diameter, 47.5 width, 66.5g

5 Likes

late nov

1 Like

Will these be sold on YEE or should we preorder on Etsy?

1 Like

All the yoyos presented in this forum are upcoming to YYE. (sorry for the super late reply, i missed the comment.) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t have one, but my friend does and i always grab the Orochi out of his case. It’s incredible. Plays like a super high performance contest throw but it’s a beautiful organic… i want one bad.

2 Likes

All good. I got mine lol

1 Like

what are your thoughts about it?

Always been interested in this yoyo as it looks super cool, it is really high performance, I mean literally contest style player? It’s interesting to have an organic shape that play technical

1 Like

That’s how it feels to me, but i’m nor the best person to speak on this as i’ve never thrown a V shape bi metal or anything that most would call a performance yoyo, but that said, it destroys everything i have in my collection as far as performance goes.

2 Likes

Still excited to see what you think of my Hydrogen Crash at the PNWR

1 Like

Yes!!! Me too! I totally forgot about that! I’ll forget again and you’ll surprise me with it, and i’ll be stoked. Lol

1 Like

Of course due to the organic shape, it’s not geared towards a lot of the competition repertoire that benefits from low walls, however, it does carry a similar degree of power an spin time to the competition oriented models.

For me, it’s the perfect blend of the two. Organic aesthetics, with enough power to do any combo you want two or three times. Unfortunately, it’s not an intersection a lot of companies take advantage of!

4 Likes