Sending more than two replies in a row

The market has spoken that they want 2 replies in a row :wink:

7 Likes

…Or more. :wink:

Thanks @AndreBoulay :+1:

4 Likes

Now I’m curious… how did @shatterFX make back to back posts here in a thread he didn’t start? (This happened 16 days ago)

Amateur Yo-Yo Photography

You were allowed to make two post in a row, but not three.

2 Likes

Ahh. I thought you couldn’t even make a second post.

1 Like

Ah this makes sense. I thought I recalled that I’ve double posted a few times before

I’d suggest increasing it to 3 before going all the way to 5 :wink:

Two sequential replies in a row was always possible, for the record! Glen did say “more than 2 posts in a row”, e.g. count 'em, one two.

Would such a system generally incentivize people not to waste posts on sequential non-content like the first one pictured? I don’t know… would it? :thinking:

4 Likes

I really think that some of this discussion should be behind the scenes. Just sayin. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

It’s all good! We’re all frenemies here, man! Peace, love and understanding to all humans!

5 Likes

The store owner has made a decision Jeff. Just let it go man.

4 Likes

I’m 100% fine with the decision. I do wish you had a fuller understanding of the situation before chiming in though, per:

That would be onerous. That… also wasn’t the case. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Feeling pretty examined here.:sweat_smile:

…Wait… is this a wasted post?? :joy:

2 Likes

I’m 100% a fan of a dedicated topic for your (machined) plastic yo-yo!

You could post as many updates / replies as you want, as long as you want, and it could have the title of your yo-yo as the title of the topic, which would make it much easier to find – both inside the forum and from Google on the outside. Plus you’d be the topic owner so the provenance of it all would be easier to grasp, even for wanderers-by. And as the topic owner you’d get a higher default notification level on the topic, for knowing when others reply, etcetera.

I just feel like the lede was kinda buried here. But what can I say, I’m an Internet Dad™, I like things organized so others can find them.

(and “too many” sequential replies are … not good for discussions as a general rule, yes)

3 Likes

Five is a good choice. Glad to see it.
Case closed. :hushed:

3 Likes

Whatever the specifics, the market has spoken.

1 Like

Just a reminder that we implemented the sequential reply limit feature partially based on feedback from … wait for it… wait for it… this very forum :rofl:

Indeed the market has spoken… twice… but the “market” doesn’t actually know what it wants, or apparently remember anything that happened more than like, a month ago :laughing:

3 Likes

Lmao. That thread is about making quoting easier in a response. You turned it into a soapbox to spout about multiple responses.

As I said in a previous thread… you should hire some people that will legitimately tell you no sometimes. It’d be good for both you and projects you’re associated with.

1 Like

Seems to me people can reply excessively to a topic regardless of what quoting methods you put in front of them. At least that’s been my experience in five decades of living and working online, and building companies that ship software to millions of users, such as Stack Overflow and Discourse. :man_shrugging:

You should consider starting your own software company if you want to set defaults. It might be a good experience for you.

Nah, I’ve been an owner and ran several successful restaurants. Millions and millions in sales. I’ve learned how to deal with people and treat them properly. That’s what I’m experienced in. Maybe you should open a restaurant.

3 Likes

Well good for you! Bless your heart.