Seeking recommendations for a powerful mono metal all arounder

So many great suggestions! I’m slowing making my way through researching each one.

3 Likes

Go grab one of the last Kappas!
On sale too!

Can’t believe they’ve stayed in stock.

3 Likes

One Drop Top Deck.

6 Likes

Get the shutter wide angle. It’s a monometal beast.

1 Like

Part of me wants to get one simply because people do seem to live their Shutters, however, part of me always wants to go the smaller company route.

1 Like

I’ve always been curious about the Beater.

2 Likes

Either Monotone (new and old) or Empath is perfect option.
Method and Recognition are also good but shape could be uncomfortable for some.

1 Like

G2 Loadout or Mongoose, One Drop Free Solo are my fav all arounder monos

3 Likes

MFD Aotus is hands down among the most powerful yoyos I have ever thrown.

One drop Format C, Wyvern also fit the description.

If you are looking for something cheap though check out c3yoyodesign or magicyoyo.

Just a general recommendation but if your criteria is finding a yo-yo with some power then I would suggest mostly looking at H-shape yo-yos as they tend to naturally prioritise that Vs the other genres of shapes.

As with any generalisation, there will be exceptions of course. But hopefully that should help you narrow your search a little further. For a monometal design you should also be able to stay well within your $100 budget.

Some of my favorite monometals with plenty of power. Not all easy to find.

Yoyofactory Spotlight
Yoyofactory Sugar
Yoyofactory American
Yoyofactory R-type

Motion yoyo Linear

Rain City Skills Guitarist

Dressel Design Emotion (probably my favorite monometal)

Recess Triple Double is a big BEAST of a yoyo.

MagicYoyo Y01 Node is cheap but delivers quite a stable punch for the money.

Yoyofriends Monometal Pheasant really surprised me and I really like it.
Yoyofriends Graviton:y I haven’t been able to test but it seems like it would be right up my alley.
Yoyfriends shortcut is an excellent yoyo even if it didn’t really click with me.

Honestly…if you get a newer yoyo it’s more difficult to find a bad one than a good one.

Any monometal of $50 and over will probably pack quite a punch with some more traditional organic yoyos as exception to that rule.

MK1 Dynames I really liked.

6 Likes

Yoyofriends mono pheasant is for sure the most powerful mono I’ve tried.

YYF Superstar 2024 is incredible all round and takes a beating during my combos.

Shortcut and Graviton: Y are great yoyos at a great price IMO…

Yoyofactory Horizon
CLYW Otter
One Drop Thorn

These 3 all have a good weight, stability, and spin time, and can still be found for sale new.

Fixed that…:crazy_face:

1 Like

The Beater is newer to me but it’s awesome. Great feel in the hand, organic but powerful and stable.

1 Like

Available, and $60.

4 Likes

YYF Genpop
Motion Linear
MK1 Dynames

i forgot about the topdeck but ill second a topdeck its an amazing yoyo and one i pickup often. If it was may i would say grab a sugar cause those are cheap but super fun

5 Likes

I’ll definitely Third the Top Deck. It’s so smooth and powerful and easy to command… if only it were more readily available. :weary:

2 Likes