Recommendations for mono metal yoyo

I have 2 unresponsives, a speedaholic xx and snack yoyo and was wondering if you could recommend a good mono metal yoyo for about 50 dollars or less.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Shortcut is that yoyo

6 Likes

Shutter is always a classic, get the wide angle version if youā€™d like something wide.

Sengoku Ashigaru is a great ā€œjack of all tradesā€ and has been my go to workhorse for years.

Lots of great options out there.

youā€™d find it a challenge to find a bad monometal for any price on this website, most go through enough quality testing to get through anything a beginner can do.

however, shortcut good. get a shortcut

6 Likes

Shortcut is great for a powerful mono at $30. Pheasant monometal and gravitony are also really good at $45 and has the stronger 7068 aluminum

3 Likes

Two fine yoyos! Both in my collection!

MagicYoyo V8 and V10 can be had at really cheap prices below your budget. I cant recommend those enough, especially if you find them on sale.

I second, er third or fourth the Shortcut. If I was looking to add another monometal that would probably be it. I dont have one though its just high on my potential purchase list but seems redundant to me based on my own collection.

The MagicYoyo Z01 focus is 40 and bimetal. Im fond of mine i like it alot especially for the price. There are other $40-$50 bimetals on YYE too.

There are also a bunch of $50ish yoyos on sale right now on YoyoExpert, so you cant really go wrong going through those options and picking one or two that appeal to you.

Ive never seen a bad review of the metal duncan freehands. They are around $55. So is the One Drop deeper state, rain city skills show pony or Author.

1 Like

As others have said, there are a lot of great options under $50.

My personal favorite yoyo is the YYF CzechPoint Pivot, which is just a tad over your budget new, though you should be able to find one on the BST for ~$35. Itā€™s the most powerful yoyo Iā€™ve used (more so than any of the 6 bi-metals Iā€™ve tried); itā€™s also quite fast and stable. Truly can handle anything you throw at it besides thumb grinds.

Iā€™ll give another pitch for the Shortcut. Itā€™s very powerful and incredibly high quality for $30. YoYoFriends makes so great stuff, and this one is no exception just because itā€™s cheaper. It does play on the heavier side if that matters to you.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll mention the uppercut! Itā€™s $45 so right at ur budget and itā€™s awesome! I just got one and have thrown it everyday for 2 weeks straight. Itā€™s organic but I would say itā€™s a performance organic for sure. The things plays fast and insanely stable. More stable than a lot of of my other yo-yos! Because of the big response bump itā€™s almost like an H shape with enormous rims. Thatā€™s one way to look at it at least but I do consider it a true organic at the same time. Just get it you wonā€™t regret and the new ann bubak colorway is crazy dope

3 Likes

One of my current favorites at any price range.

2 Likes

C3 Scintillator

Depends what you want, but for crazy angle, width, and stability, while maintaining good floatiness, I definitely recommend the yyt atlas

I followed @KirbyRobot ā€˜s review for the Graviton Y, which is $50, and itā€™s crazy good - nimble, sensitive, lively, and hits way above its price range.

2 Likes