Scooter's Mods

Just out of curiosity, do you just happen to have a bunch of Rextremes lying around? haha

1 Like

Oh good I didn’t have to be the person to ask it xP

Came into a large lot of broken rextreme 2s, stripped them for bearings, axles, pads, strings, boxes and rings

that OneStar x ReXtreme is pretty awesome. If one of those were to find its way to B/S/T, I would definitely be trying to purchase.

Separate note: Scooter is a pretty awesome guy. His clamp fix for the Rextreme hub saved my son’s favorite 4A…after a 10 year old tried his own mod of 1/2 Rextreme + 1/2 Equinox (didn’t play well in case you were wondering), and over tightened the Rextreme when putting it back together. Through PM Scooter gave me some good advice and showed that he is a true gentleman.

While I’m an old man compared to most on this forum, I appreciate how willing you all are to share you knowledge and experience.

1 Like

It’s been a while since i posted any updates but had a question about using a drill bit for cutting a bearing seat. I recently did a batch of Zero’s using just that. I used a high end forestner bit 1/2" to cut yyf spacers in Zero halves. Made it much quicker after setting the depth stop. Of all i did i only had an issue with one on the depth which was easily fixed. I had no vibe issues. Ideally i would have liked to use a milling bit but couldn’t find one in 1/2" with a small enough shank. Afterwards i cut in 19mm sili groves that can use stickers or flowable and finished them with dif e yo kk bearings. Sorry about the upside down lathe pic, i don’t know why it did that.

A couple more projects. Zenith X Hitman, delrin rimmed Freehand Zero’s

i could go for that hitman…

Nice! Good to see you found some use for those rings haha

That Zenith x Hitman is dope. And legit. And other positive words that kids say these days.

That ZenithxHitman looks like it is crazy fun

I love the FHZs with the derlin rings. I hope to have one in my collection some day. Do you offer your services or sell any of your stuff?

just because why not, you should put the rings on a Duncan mosquito and possibly make it c bearing and sili it XD all I can see is crap ton of vibe if its even possible, but would be really cool

A new spin on the hitman x zenith. Kept the diameter at just over 50mm and the weight at 60 grams. The play is much better.

My latest freehand zero mod, delrin rims and a crucial spr. By far the best setup yet, 69.8 grams.

While having my morning cup of coffee Saturday i turned this one out. Severe hubs and ai rims. Slightly wider the a standard ai.

Damn that’s beautiful! How heavy is this?

just over 62 grams on the ai

62 grams… wow thats some witchcraft there

That looks pretty sweet

That Ai looks like a ton of fun to play with, like all of his mods. I’m gonna have to find out where Scooter lives so I can move in next to him and play some of these franken-throws :o