Save 3A: Titan

Introducing the Titan: a bimetal yoyo designed with Mark from MK1 for 3A enthusiasts. Crafted from durable 7068 aluminum and stainless steel, the Titan offers exceptional power, stability, and a reliable bind even at low rpms. It’s a robust yoyo that won’t weigh you down. Plus, we’ve made it affordable, so you can easily grab two without breaking the bank.

But the Titan is more than just a yoyo; it’s a heartfelt tribute to our beloved service dog, Titan. In his memory, we’ve created a yoyo that performs beyond its price point. Join us in celebrating the memory of a dog who changed lives and provided unwavering support.

The Titan will come in two colors: Pink and Tranquility, a signature colorway for Kaylee from the amazing Knot Creators Kaylee is an incredible individual who has expanded my way of thinking and is always welcoming to new throwers. A heartfelt thank you to her and Josh for making this possible!

I want to give a big thanks to Mark for his incredible support. He’s not just responsible for this design but plays a vital role in enabling various designs for numerous companies. Additionally, he sponsors players, and contests, and moderates multiple discords to foster and enhance the yoyo community!

Instagram Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Specifications:
Materials: 7068 aluminum with stainless steel rims
Weight: 77.5g*
Width: 43.5mm
Diameter: 57mm
Gap: 4.2mm

~* - manufacturing tolerance

19 Likes

Very nice! I love the design :grin: btw what’s the approximate price on these ?? Just curious :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi James, this yoyo looks sooooo good love the “tranquility” colourway, can you already spoiler which will be the price?
I started 3a recently and using 2 yoyos literally not designed for it, only “worry” I have is the weight which is basically 12 grams more than my usual 1a and having issues in my right hand I am scared it can cause fatigue in couple of throws!

3 Likes

Pre order price is $80 release price to be slightly higher.

5 Likes

As stated pre-order price will be $80, release price will be higher. I will say the heavier weight does take a bit to get used to. However the prototype testers all commented on how much lighter it feels then the raw numbers would suggest. Often compare it to a throw 5-8 grams lighter.

6 Likes

IME as a Hades fan, I will say that after getting used to playing with a heavier yoyo, I experience about the same amount of fatigue with 80g hades as I do with my lighter yoyos. As a physical measurement, I start to sweat in about the same amount of time, no matter what yoyo I’m using. Sighhhhh At this point, Hades doesn’t feel heavy to me anymore. It’s only when I switch back and forth that I realize it is heavier than my other yoyos.

3 Likes

what makes a yoyo better for 3A than 1A or cater to one more than the other ?

2 Likes

Smaller gap, usually thinner, with tons of rim weight, and usually a longer axle for durability. @Abyss

6 Likes

What was your vision for the design and how it would look going into this project?

What was your thought process in the making of this design? Particularly with specs (why not wider/narrower, bigger/smaller, heavier/lighter, gap width, etc.) and shape (catch zone shape/design, cup, ring design, outer/inner ring, etc.)

How much influence did Mark’s input have on the design and in what way?

Was the fade just Kay’s suggestion or was she/KC involved in the project in some way and how?

5 Likes

the folks behind this are all awesome, so i can only conclude that this will be a great yoyo.

copped one

will cop a second one if i can ever be convinced to throw 3a (sorry gamer… im not brave enough…)

3 Likes

Smaller gap to help with binds but not too small that it binds when not wanted. Heavy rim weighted to keep the stability up and allow it to spin for a long time. Higher grade metal to take the damage and longer axel to help with that area as well.

4 Likes

I wanted a 3a throw that would could be used for a beginner the way to a pro and hold up for through the abuse. I wanted it to be done at a price point that the majority of people could afford to buy 2 without going broke.

Thought process was a lot of using other throws I liked and felt would add something different to the 3A space while still looking to well known examples for inspiration. The exia inspiration is clear to see in the cap but beyond that I don’t want to name any as people sometimes get upset.

I pulled the best yoyos in mine and other peoples opinions and added them to a spread sheet. The numbers lead me to roughly what I suspected would be the best specs to aim for and then I tweaked it to fit what I wanted and the needs I saw. I then made some adjustments to make sure the durability would not be a factor and that also had an influence on the shape. 3A swing and band into each other at angels no other style does and I had that in mind.

Mark influence and input was huge as I just gave references, feedback and my input on what I wanted then he drew it up and made it real. He is amazing to work with and highly recommend him if anyone wants to get a yoyo designed and doesnt have the time or skill to do so in cad.

Kaylee’s fade was my suggestion after seeing that it was something she wanted. She is someone who has helped me and I thought it be a great way to give back. After I confirmed that she would be up to allowing me to do so on the Titan. We contacted Josh and made sure we had his blessing and the wording/colors etc were all up to his standards as well.

Hope that answers it well enough, I have to run and catch my toddler. I will try to answer what I can for you if you have more questions.

8 Likes

Thank you :heart:

It feels extremely good. I am currently addicted to the 70g prototype and I can’t wait to try out 77g.

Titan feels as heavy as YYR Valkyrie.

Background: I never tried anything heavier than 67g before Titan.

5 Likes

Let me comment that it’s not really that much lighter but it roughly feels like a regular 65g yoyo, but the weight gives it way more spin time and durability, and it pushes the string well so less likely to fall off.

Bind with Titan feels great, but you may suffer if you try intensive multiwrap with it like some of Takeshi’s tricks

1 Like

Try 1A basics with your non dominant hand :wink:

Then do 1A with your other hand holding a yoyo.

3 Likes

I went for one! If I end up getting into 3a I’ll probably grab another down the road but for now just one is perfect. Can’t pass up something this heavy for only 80 bucks! The finish looks beautiful as well, some of my favorite colors.

4 Likes

Awesome thank you!

1 Like

That other titan reminded me I never commented on how good that fade looks on the save 3A titan

3 Likes

Yoooo I got my tracking number for my Titan! Super excited for it. :triumph:

2 Likes