Sandblasting

I am going to sandblast my 888 to give it a “raw” look.
has anyone done this and if so, any tips?
ill post pics soon

Sandblasting the yoyo will not give it a raw look but rather an almost bead blasted look which will help for grinds. If you wish for a raw look, I would sand the yoyo. Also, if you do plan on sand blasting the yoyo, I would recommend you do not sand blast the inner wall of the yoyo as it may fray the string very quickly.

1 Like

If you want to sand-blast the whole thing to make it amazing for grinds, just take a worn strip of leather and rub it around the bearing seat and recess. This will soften the surface.

1 Like

do what jm said but if you want a raw look you can ether sand with a 220 grid water sand paper or use grease lightning although i never tried it i was told it works on other like rc cars and paint ball guns but i dont know. Playing with chemicals is never a good idea

1 Like

or soda blast it

1 Like

thats true but is it possible to do without a cabnet

1 Like

Do not sandblast your yoyo. It is too abrasive and it will ruin your yoyo. You either need glass beads mixed with pecan shells or just beads. Sodablasting will not remove anything. It will give it the most amazing finish though.

i did it and it looks and plays great
the grinds area amazing

did what?

sandblasted it

how did you do it?

sandblaster macine

OHhhhh! Post a picture post a picture!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Ooooo love to see a pic…

yea lets see some pics!