Rtx 3080 ti drop

hi , please help me get one graphic card

good luck man. In the race myself.
Im not limiting myself. anything from a 3060 to 3090 ill take.
Not holding my breath.

2 Likes

Hard to criticize purchasing any card in the current market, but for my money, I won’t be chasing the incremental upgrade over what I currently have. The FE is already too expensive for what it is and the partner cards will be even worse. IMO, they should have made it a 16GB card, whether that’s necessary for gaming or not.

1 Like

You can sign up for the bots. You pay a service fee but should get a card at least.

1 Like

I would wait till the gpu shortage is over because you might over pay even if its MSRP, you are not going to have a lot of options until the gpu shortage is over.

3 Likes

I’ve given up hope on getting a 30xx series card.

Microchip fabs are running at full capacity right now and can’t keep up with demand. There is investment for new fabs but it will take a couple years before they are actually up and running. Covid’s spiking in Taiwan right now, where most of the microchip production is located and unfortunately there’s no real vaccine rollout there. Tragically there’s likely going to be a the terrible cost in human lives and suffering. But if we set aside that point for a moment and think selfishly about the GPU market, an outbreak there could easily slow production and extend the gpu shortage even longer. We are looking at months, maybe a couple years before things get back to normal.

2 Likes

Somebody find me an EVGA 3070 ftw.

Ty ty

1 Like

For what it’s worth I ditched Nvidia in favor of Radeon for the past couple of gpu cycles and I couldn’t be happier.
In my humble opinion more people should consider team red.
Especially with FSR looking to blow up soon

1 Like

No thank you. Despite Nvidia’s games, I will stick with them for the time being. Team Red lost me at the Fury X.

Oh Radeon is a much better product now by a large margin since the Fury X. The RDNA architecture is a real winner in my opinion. I’m speaking as someone who moved on from a 1080 ti by the way.
I just couldn’t give Ngreedia more money for less vram.
However everyone has their preferences so I understand where you’re coming from.

1 Like

More non botting advice at the end.

1 Like

But… but… DLSS 2.0!!! & Ray Tracing!!

(i’m kidding)

1 Like

After recently considering building a PC in the current market, I ended up purchasing a pre-built Dell XPS with solid specs from Costco when they went on sale. I was able to get an 11th gen i7 and RTX 3070 Founder’s Edition with 16gb RAM and a SSD/HDD combo for ~$1800.
I plan on replacing the case and revamping the fans/cooling system at a later date; for now I just take the side panel off of my tower when gaming :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I honestly am not impressed with this generation of Nvidia card as the 8nm Samsung fab is just not as good as tsmc 7nm, and Nvidia decided to pump insanely high voltage of 1.1 to the gpu. My 3080ti is still severely powerlimited at 450W power draw. People who flashed the Galax 1000W bios reported the card can draw up to 650w+. However the performance is very good tho. My PC can handle BFV with raytracing ultra and cyberpunk raytracing ultra (dlss quality) with ease, but man it’s a space heater. This picture is my world number 1 10850k + 3080ti timespy run.

4 Likes

The Thermaltake 900 is a mini-fridge of copious space and cooling ability. :slight_smile:

1 Like