RSO x FPM DROID - New Color Release!

Droid was mainly inspired by two yo-yos, the One Drop CiTizen and Turning Point Diaspora. It’s general shape is similar to the CiTizen, a hair larger and wider, and given Droid’s bimetal design it has significantly more rim weight and torque. The rim’s shape is inspired by the Diaspora, a 54 mm diameter signature yo-yo of world champion Shinji Saito. The lower walled V-shaped catch zone of Droid makes it geared more towards competitive play. The Droid’s SE hub is similar to Gravity, with a circumferential groove transitioning to an up-sloping arc to its peak. RSO will be using this SE hub design for future models as I prefer it over the standard angular SE hub One Drop uses.

Releasing Saturday, 4/30 @ 8PM EDT.

10 Likes

So beautiful!

Alas, it might as well be a Porsche. :frowning:

2 Likes

An RSO release that did not sell out in minutes… Is the world coming to an end?

4 Likes

It’s $500 which, while in line w/ TiSS pricing, is still a lot of dough; plus this isn’t the first time Droids have dropped, there’s been a few releases of them over the past few months.

3 Likes

Yeah, theses moved a little slower even when they dropped on New Years, then the the special edition rims lingered a couple weeks in late February and March. I will say it is a very smooth throw, and is the first TISSSE in the market for those collectors into those kind of statistics. Also Sushi :sushi: just dropped last week.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who bought a Droid! It is on par with the biggest yo-yo run we have done to date, with just over a 100 yo-yos made. Kudos to FPM for making my dream a reality!

12 Likes