RS Creature Feature Contest! WINNER CHOSEN!

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t35.0-12/11311746_512247228922781_1758083246_o.jpg?oh=e5e09fc0312d8f08900c42735dd4bbaf&oe=5568AB74

Entry from a friend who unfortunately can’t log in

1 Like

Flying Cressie! - In my adaption of Cressie I added powerful wings to help Cressie swim faster and have the ability to jump and glide in the air much like a stingray.

Cressie is rumored to be large and eel-like in appearance. It averages between 5 and 15-feet in length.
It is famous for attacking divers during search and rescue operations, even attacking their victims through thick sheets of winter ice.
Where is Cressie? Central Newfoundland’s Crescent Lake. Where Crescent lake is not land locked, it’s likely that Cressie originates some place from the North West Atlantic.

The original sketch
http://i.imgur.com/si7i4N1.jpg

More info on the real Cressie here: http://www.americanmonsters.com/site/2010/02/cressie-newfoundland/

My submission:

In the deep water caves near coves and islands across the seas dwell not a gargantuan terror, but one that will plague you nonetheless. Like their land dwelling cousin, the Illithid, the Merllithid can take control of your body through psionic attacks and paralyze you while coming after the bounty this underwater pirate craves most: your brain matter. Whether you encounter one or a dozen, you’ll be lucky to survive. After the Merllithid gets its hands on you, it will bore into your skull with its tentacles and drink your brain like a sailor downing a slug of ale on a hot summer day.

Fear and beware the Merllithid!

Wow!! We have some outstanding illustrators on this forum. These are some of the coolest drawings I’ve seen in a long time. I don’t envy Capes’s position of having to select a winner from this lot. I am totally blown away by how good these are. Everyone who has made a submission should be proud of their work. Nice going gents. :slight_smile:

Yeah, everyone in this thread is incredible. Capes, make one engraving of each :stuck_out_tongue:

wish i could!

awesome stuff everyone! this was an amazing contest and i can’t believe how good the submissions are!

Contest is officially CLOSED!

well start judging asap and get you guys a winner by the 5th! ;D ;D ;D ;D

2 Likes

This was entered by Robert Armin before the deadline through Facebook. I just figured I’d post it here for you guys to see.

1 Like

Winners will be announced later today!! Stay posted!

I am PUMPED, even though I have no chance to win compared to these other excellent drawings. Good work, everyone!

So has the winner been chosen?

Is there going to be a new thread or something. Did I miss the winner? It’s really later here now so Ill just check tomorrow?

And the Winner is: Robert Armin! incredible stuff! and perfect for Screenprinting and engraving!

with that being said, this was an incredible contest! i want to thank everyone that put in the hard work to enter!

Im choosing 5 of the Non winners Monday and sending them a YYF Texas States ONE yoyo!

EDIT: i keep coming back and staring at the drawing! amazing work Robert!

3 Likes

Thank you very very much for this honor!! Thank you Radical Seas yoyo company for putting this art contest on and selecting me!! I am so very excited!
Please contact me to let me know where to ship the original art to.

A well deserved victory indeed, fantastic work! Congratulations Rob, can’t wait to see what RS do with it. ;D

Thank you very much for your kind words! They are definitely appreciated!!

Congrats Rob that was a sick drawing

1 Like

Really good choice, congrats Rob!

Thank you for the kind words!

That looks rad!!!

1 Like

cant wait to see what it will be engraved on!

1 Like