Rethinkyoyo - Swell Tutorial

Hey guys, I haven’t made any tutorials for quite a long while (college problems…), but I’m hoping to be pumping out some new ones for this Summer.  Below you’ll see the first of them.  I specifically wanted to ask for some feedback on this trick.  Ever since I started doing this trick, I do quite like it, but I really don’t know what to make of it.  It’s just nothing like any other trick I’ve seen.  First impressions? Thoughts? Comments about the first Rethinkyoyo tutorial uploaded for a while?  Thanks.

You’re back! Very cool trick. Can’t wait for more!

Glad to hear you’re back! Rethink has been pivotal in my growth as a yoyoer.

I’m not sure what to make of this particular trick. Like you say, it’s like nothing else out there that I’m aware of. It has a smooth motion that belies the relative intricacies of the finger movements and readjustments. It’s hard to tell on first watch what the ‘audience’ would get out of it.

Which leaves me with the feeling that it is more of a trick for yoyers to practice and enjoy for themselves rather than as a “hey, look at me!” kind of trick. And I do think there’s totally room for that sort of trick, and in fact we could probably use more of them. :wink:

Yay!! I don’t have to spend my summer doing anything productive!

I’m now sure you are still alive and that’s all the matter ;D. I was expecting more complexity tbh, but it would be a pretty fun trick

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Thank you, Greg, I’m really glad to hear that Rethinkyoyo has been useful to you! Really means a lot.

Interesting observations about the trick. Honestly, you pretty much eloquently verbalized my scattered, unorganized thoughts about the trick. Thanks for that as well. haha!

Glad to be of hopeful assistance. :slight_smile:

Yes, yes, I’m working on that… I can’t make any promises, but I am hoping your thirsts will be quenched soon.

1 Like

Glad to see you back man! Love your tutorials. :smiley:

As for this particular trick though, I don’t know. I agree with Greg. A good personal trick to master and get fun out of for yourself, but it’s not one of those tricks that’s very showy or is sticks out. I don’t know how to describe it without using Greg’s exact words. :wink: