Responsive yoyo that sleeps for days in the YYE videos?

Dont laught at me for asking but…what is the guy using in the beginner and intermediate videos that sleeps so long and lets you do all these string tricks, yet is responsive?

Is there a way I could set my shutter or replay up to behave like that?

I’m 99% sure that’s a YYJ Dark Magic I
I’m also pretty sure that he just lubed the bearing enough to make it responsive.

“the guy” is also very good at it… :wink:

Practice is what he used.

1 Like

I wouldn’t make your Replay or Shutter responsive tbh, they’re unresponsive yoyos and should be used as such. When you’re starting to play unresponsive it’ll be annoying if they’re still responsive.

It’s a DM II

It’s a DM I

I know because I can hear the starburst from the hybrid response found in the DM I. The DM II didn’t come out yet at the time those videos were made either.

My bad.

The newly-mastered videos, Andre is using a DM2 (hard to tell if he’s using the thin bearing). In the older “Expert Village” videos (Andre in YYJ swag), he’s using the DM1 with hybrid response.

Good info, thanks!

Or that there is no solid spin system in the side with no cap… ::slight_smile:

1 Like

That guy is also a total sandbagger … calling himself a yoyo"expert" when there’s evidence all over the internet that he can do master level tricks with his eyes closed. :stuck_out_tongue:

@ madesdan - You can add thick lube to your bearing to get it to play responsive. If you want to make them unresponsive again, you just keep playing them until the lube breaks down or you can clean your bearing - a Google search will show you the way with bearing cleaning. Also, just for the record, “the guy”'s name is Andre Boulay - he’s the owner of YoYoExpert. Have fun with the trick learning!

For the new beginner/intermediate videos André is using a DM2 with a slim bearing right out of the box. There’s no trick or secret to it, he’s just good at throwing yo-yos.