Responsive Konkave Bearing!!!!! I NEED HELP ASAP

So, i got my first konkave bearing in the mail, and opened it. On the first throw of it on the YYJ Fever, when i tugged up, the yoyo came back!! I de-shielded the bearing and tried it on other yoyos, but it still won’t become unresponsive!! HELP

Clean the bearing/wear down the response on your yoyos. Also, responsive ain’t everything. Go get a cold fusion and work on not breaking your knuckles.

C’mon Carl, he’s new to yoyoing. All of us at some point had problems with a yoyo being responsive. But like he said, just continue playing with it.

Keep playing with it. Eventually it will turn all loud and vibey but still responsive. This is normal and is just a part of the breaking in process. Then it will turn unresponsive and smooth.

Yup. Like Nobody said.

New bearings need to be broken in unless you buy a Terrapin X Dry Play bearing(which I think all of them are).

You have two choices to help speed along the breaking in process:
You can clean your bearing in mineral spirits or lighter fluid to clean out any lubrication installed by the factory. Then you can choose to play it dry or lightly lubed

OR:
Just play through it. It might take longer than cleaning it first, but then again maybe it won’t.

This happens to me with all my yoyos and bearings, including One Drop 10-ball bearings, center tracks, konkaves and more EXCEPT for Terrapin X Bearings.

ALSO, responses need to be broken in as well. If you siliconed your yoyo yourself, you may have put too much in.

There’s some other variables as well. Since you mentioned the bearing, I’ll focus on bearing issues. Play it more, break it in and have fun again.

The bearing affects the overall responsiveness more then the actual response system.

2 Likes

I’ve had recent experiences with two bearings in dire need of cleaning that confirmed that.

One was really bad, the other was just kinda bad, but both were coming up with a tug. Now that they’ve been cleaned, the one that’s better now is pretty much “dead unresponsive”. The other one is significantly better. It may just need to be broken in all over again. I was surprised at how much the bearing plays a factor in responsiveness.

Thanks so much guise!! It really helped. But I’m not new to yoyoing… i just needed help to make it unresponsive cause i cleaned it and put lube on it, but it still isnt unresponsive…sooo yea

Just lube and clean the bearing and keep playing it to break it in, and that should do it.

Too much lube. Keep playing with the yoyo. Eventually the lube will break in.

Clean it again. Use a tiny amount of lube before placing the shields back on.(say, half to quarter drop and then spin it in fora few minutes and then replace the shields). Then play that bearing good for a while.

Whenever you lube a bearing, you have to break the lube in. It usually doesn’t take too long.