Response coming off.

So I came home this weekend super excited to throw my SPYY addiction, but when I picked it up, I noticed my response system (just normal CBC slim pads) were out of its socket. I tried putting it back in, but it didn’t work.

Also, I cleaned my bearing last night, and when I woke up this morning, one of the pads on my DV888 came off as well.

I know how and what to replace my response systems with, but I’m just curious to why this is happening? I didn’t clean the bearing on my addiction so it can’t only be the cleaning. I live in a relatively cold area, but I’m not sure if that makes a difference.

Any answers?

Where do you live? What’s the weather like? How old are the responses?

Use some contact cement to tack them back in place. Or, silicone them.

When cleaning bearings, make sure the bearing is completely dry as solvents can seep out and in some instances, break down the pad and/or adhesive. When lubing bearings, keep the lube off the pads. Lube can be soaked up by the pads and make them swell and/or break down the adhesive.

Humidity isn’t always the best thing for the pads either, but this isn’t as big of a deal.

This is usually how my pads go. Once they fall out I just replace them. Usually time to replace them by ten anyways

If you got lube on the pads they fall out earlier…