My respond pads are not worn out but they are not sticking to the yo-yo

My respond pads are still good but they don’t stick to the yo-yo can you make them sticky so they will usable or do I need to get new ones

Do you lube your bearing?

I don’t know if you use oil?

But if… you do. Just realize that if some of the lube spins out of the bearing; it will get in the brake pad recess.

And no pad will stick to that.

That would be as effective as taping ice cubes together.

3 Likes

And yes. Get new pads. Incase you accidently got something in that recess like doc mentioned, maybe take a q-tip and some acetone and give that recess a good wipe down than let it dry/evaporate before u put in some new stickers

2 Likes

Before he goes rubbing solvents on the response recess, maybe he should confirm the solvent is safe for his yoyo material.

Just trying to help prevent a follow up post “my plastic yoyo melted “

3 Likes

I havnt used a plastic yoyo in so long I forgot they existed. My bad. So uhh…yea
@Yoyomanexpert if its plastic. Dont listen to me.

3 Likes

I’m decently certain you can swap acetone for rubbing alcohol or isopropyl to clean the bearing seat like what @FrankieJR suggested.

2 Likes

I hear you, I keep a Replay Pro in my work bag since I’m a whole lot more comfortable losing a $16 yoyo than a $160 Yoyo.

3 Likes

If the yoyo is plastic don’t use acetone until you test a small patch, it has a tendency to melt some plastics, particularly polycarbonates. The others are safe.

4 Likes

If the pads aren’t sticking but are still good you can always go find some 3m general purpose adhesive spray for them.

1 Like

Yup, that’s what I was attempting to say: use alcohol to clean the bearing seat

3 Likes

I have a metal yoyo

Yeah be careful with acetone as a rule. It’s a lot nastier than rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol.

2 Likes

I am 14 so i can´t buy alcohol can i use alcohol that my mom drink and in wich case what alcohole and by the way it feels like i should be abel to use enegi drink.

I think ‘you’ should have an energy drink.

And then try retyping you’re post.

Most people have alcohol somewhere in their home.

1 Like

@yoyodoc

sry for my spelling i am Swedish and not good at spelling in English

2 Likes

No doubt your English is far better than my Swedish😉

3 Likes

Oh-ho-ho!!! Put your foot in that one! :wink::+1:

1 Like

We’re not talking about drinking alcohol. We’re talking about the kind used for medical and electronics cleaning, like rubbing alcohol (tvättsprit or ryggsprit according to Google) available at your local apotek or isopropyl like you would use to clean thermal paste from a cpu.

5 Likes

Like you’d use to clean thermal paste from a CPU.
I’m sure that cleared it all up for him!

BAHAHAHAAA

2 Likes

Maybe you should have an energy drink, Glen?

3 Likes