Renaming the trick - Suicide

Thank you @mable.

3 Likes

The big reason for the name change was for the search engines and YouTube content policies. Videos called “How to do Suicides” were being pulled off the site.

7 Likes

Why would you want to name a trick after a flag used by and for people who went to war to maintain their right to enslaving people?

On the main topic, I prefer to use slackicide as a trick name after I saw the name on Yotricks. I understand if people want to stick with what they’ve called it for a long time, but personally it doesn’t feel right since suicide is such a serious topic.

13 Likes

While slavery was a driving factor for the American civil war, there were also clashes due to economic interests, cultural values, and the power of the federal government to control the states. Slavery lasted in Jamaica for over 300 years starting with the Spanish occupation, then British. Find more info at your local library since public schools are teaching less and less subjects that might hurt people’s feelings. If I called the trick the jolly roger because it looks like crossbones would you complain that pirates are bad?

1 Like

the confederate flag is a symbol of slavery today no matter the history behind it. if i made a picture trick that looked like a swastika people would still associate it with WW2 even though it was a symbol from pretty much every ancient culture and is still used to this day in asian countries as a symbol of good luck. its also the same as when “gay” meant “happy” back in the day. things change. we just gotta go with the flow

19 Likes

Unfortunately this thread has turned political. The yo-yo forum isn’t the place for those discussions. :slight_smile:

10 Likes