RecRev 33 1/3 and RecRev Mangaroo Review(s)

To start off is a couple of photos of the RecRevs

RecRev 33 1/3 (Black and Blue Acid Wash)

Stats:
Diameter: 52.08 mm
Width: 39.75 mm
Gap Width: 4.88 mm
Weight: 66.1 grams
Bearing Size: Size C Crucial Grooved Bearing
Response: RecRev Silicone

On a first throw of this it was nice and smooth with no vibe, it snagged its binds very well which is what i like, i am in love with the shape it is by far the best fit to my hand yoyo i have held. After playing with it for awhile the bearing seemed to get louder and louder then eventually it tended to be somewhat responsive, so i de-shielded the bearing and it still seemed to be responsive, then i figured lets switch bearings (with the mangaroo) Then it was unresponsive again so yeah the bearing probably needed some cleaning or lube from what i thought, after switching bearings it was nice and smooth with very little vibe, till now the vibe is minimum, bad throws is when i feel the vibe, the 33 1/3 moves very very fast with string tricks its nice and stable, the acid wash allows you to finger and arm grind quite well unless you have sweaty hands a lot like i do. But overall i would recommend giving this yoyo a try i enjoy it a lot, it is my favorite current throw and i will probably buy more RecRevs in the future considering how impressed i was with this throw the only bad side really was the bearing messing up like it did.

RecRev Mangaroo (Teal with Pink and Blue Splash)

Stats:
Diameter: 55.87 mm
Width: 43.89 mm
Gap Width: 5.24 mm
Weight: 65.5 grams
Bearing Size: Size C Crucial Grooved Bearing
Response: General Yo Hat Pad Response

Now this yoyo seemed to have quite a bit of vibe at first, i think it was just the rims i wasn’t used to the feeling of them and the size of the yoyo (I am more of an undersized thrower) after giving it a good amount time of play i got used to it and realized it wasn’t vibe. The Mangaroo is very stable, it’s magnificent with grinds, it plays nice and fast, the binds snag sometimes but sometimes it takes awhile to bind back (could be the gap) After switching the responsive bearing from the 33 1/3 to the mangaroo the mangaroo was just really loud and not responsive at all, i guess the smaller gap and size of the 33 1/3 couldn’t take the first bearing but the mangaroo is just a loud throw now but still smooth and just amazing, thats really about it this yoyo is fun to play with and i enjoy the size and shape of it.

This is my first Review i figured to just give it a go.

Anyone that has been wondering about getting one of these two yoyos, they are worth getting, you will have fun playing with them and won’t want to stop.

I got a Mangaroo also. I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!
EVERYONE If you TL;DR’d the Mangaroo is a steal! I have nothing bad to say about it. Closest yoyo I could compare it too was my Sliepnir. Something similar in size, my Confection, can’t keep up with it!

BUY IT!!!

Is this throw light or heavy?

the mangaroo is a light (65g) throw. I love the way it feels. I was told it plays heavier than expected but I don’t detect it.
It’s light and fast.

The Mangaroo is pretty light fast and smooth, a really fun throw.

How much is the mangaroo like the no.9? I have a 9 and was wondering if they were similar because they have very similar profiles.

The kangaroo looks like a mix of 2 of my favorite throws: Echo and N.9. it really looks like the Echo sans grooves and being more angular.

Ya I bought a mangaroo 2 weeks ago and it is amazing. Floaty and good.

I actually prefer the 33 1/3 to the Mangaroo. Both are great throws, but the 33 1/3 seems to have better stability and is a bit quicker on the string.

I agree with you 100%

Alex made the 33 1/3 to be for really fast string play from what i was told. I enjoy it quite a lot.

Very nice review!
Thank you for helping me decide between these two throws…
Going for the 33 1/3 in a few days…(mangaroo still is in my wishlist though :p)
It’s going to be my first metal yoyo as I am a new player…

What response uses the 33 1/3? Where I can find it? Is there any at yoyoexpert so I can buy when I buy the yoyo? The shipping cost to Greece is a lot for only a response when I need it…

Thanks… :slight_smile:

Guys anyone?? @mrtheblackho ?
I am going to order these days so I need to know what’s the response so as to buy some extra… :-\

Thanks…

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking what kind of response the 33 1/3 uses? Or, are you asking where to buy the General-Yo Hat Pad response that the YYE website clearly states that the 33 1/3 uses? Or, are you asking what type of General Yo Hat Pad Response to get?

[quote=“YoyoGeezer,post:14,topic:32587”]
I read the description of the yoyo and I didn’t realise that is says about Hat Pad response… I though it was RecRev silicone as it says at the little table with specs. I am sorry for this… :-
I suppose this is the right response General-Yo-Response-Pads as it is the only general yo response, right?
But what kind of these should I buy? Or it is just a matter of personal preference?

Thanks for helping… :slight_smile:

I ordered it at last, waiting to arrive…
I have a question. Does it accept flowable silicone?

Thanks!

Yeah i’m pretty sure, if you just remove the Hat Pads, i’m also pretty sure the mangaroo and the 33 both use Hat Pads, buts i simply just copied and pasted the specs from yoyoexperts shop, one said hat pat the other said silicone… Also sorry for not replying i have been busy :s