Recommend an old man a yoyo

Came here to recommend the Freehand One, glad I’m not the only one who thinks that lol

1 Like

Get a Deep State, Bolt XP, RBC, and a Freehand One.

3 Likes

Glad to see all the love for the FH1! It’s high on my list. My brother had a Freehand which I coveted back in the day…

Also just found some new old stock Renegades on the Ned Show’s website… Might have to succumb to nostalgia…

1 Like

I also have a Freehand One AL that I put in a half spec bearing and some thick lube. It plays responsive but it has a bit of a bite on the return.

1 Like

All great suggestions so far! If you’re ordering any of these from YYE, do yourself a favor and throw a Whip in your cart.

8 Likes

Worked great for me, just have to add thick lube.

1 Like

Yeah, I just find it interesting that YYF doesn’t believe that’s sufficient.

1 Like

Available in the link and in stock

5 Likes

I’ll send You one of these. Enjoy Sir!

7 Likes

Thanks, man! Looking forward to checking it out :metal::metal::metal:

3 Likes

I know I’m just piggy-backing at this point but it really does sound like the Freehand One was made for you. Fits with pretty much everything you’re looking for and being the owner of one myself I can confidently tell you it’s well worth the purchase

3 Likes

Thanks everybody for sharing your knowledge! I know 1a unresponsive sort of rules the roost, and I appreciate you all humoring this old stick in the mud. And Grendel is clearly the bee’s knees :sunglasses:

5 Likes

There’s actually quite a few here in their 50s and 60s! :wink:

5 Likes

Glad to hear it!

3 Likes

If looking for a better tug response yoyo… maybe a deeper state or weekender or a lighter metal yoyo.

1 Like

Another +1 for the RBC. I also have a Weekender(fingerspin) on the way. The Deep State wasn’t as responsive as I was hoping out of the box and the gap is a little wide, but some thick lube got it tuned pretty good.

5 Likes

I’m also an older dude who played around the same time and started playing again last year.

I do enjoy the newer styles with wider and bigger throws.

But the one that feels MOST like “A yoyo from 1999 but better” that I’ve used is the RBC from MK1.

If you want that oldschool feel but better that would be my Number ONE reccomendation.

That said I think you’d also enjoy the Freehand One.

3 Likes

Welcome! I like your handle… :wink:

The RBC or the ElMijo would be hard to beat. Very versatile.

2 Likes

X2 on that! I always carry a couple Whips in my bag for when people ask if they can try, since I refuse to let anyone but myself ding my daily carry throw. And they’re cheap enough to send along with budding players.

Ivan

4 Likes

Welcome back! :slight_smile:

A lot has changed over the years, and its funny especially as of the last few years, I feel like responsive/organic type of yo-yos have made a comeback as well! :slight_smile:

So basically even though you left around that time, you came back at the right time when these yo-yos are making a comeback as well LOL!

I am 100% positive that this yo-yo is/has already been mentioned but if not, Duncan Yo-yos recently has brought back to life the Original Freehand 1 (Which came out in 2001)

Find here: Freehand One by Duncan Toys – YoYoExpert

This is the first yo-yo that comes to mind after reading your post.

There are so many options out there nowadays as well.If you like metal yo-yos that are responsive YoYoFactory has a ton of great options as well. My personal favorite responsive right now is the 2022 Confusion. They even have the OG Gold/Black colorway

Find here: Confusion yo-yo by YoYoFactory – YoYoExpert

Also if you are also just looking for a comfortable affordable budget unresponsive yo-yo then I do like the YoYoFactory Uppercut as well! :slight_smile:

Found here: Uppercut Yo-Yo by YoYoFactory – YoYoExpert

Hope this helps and that you find the yo-yo you are looking for!

10 Likes