rate yourself!!!!!

I don’t think anyone is a ten. Nine is about the highest you most likely could get. Not that it’s relevant

Dude it was a joke.

Yes I am aware I was just stating my thoughts :wink:

skill is just a mindset, so I get a zero.

10 being jensen kimmet
1 being those who cant get the yoyo back up

http://cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/phpthumbnails/51628_3_468.jpeg

THATS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU HIGH FIVE ME SON, THATS WHAT YOU GET.

Crushes can on forehead

FOOOOTBAAAWWWWLLLLLL

Just because you’re sponsored, it doesn’t mean you are an automatic 10 or even a professional.

I gave myself a 5. I can do a variety of tricks, but I am not very innovative.

a 10 would be paul escolar, or spencer berry

1. I don’t want to be humble, but this is what I deserve. I mean Yes, some think I am good (NOT TRUE). But I really need to find my style and innovate on it.

If Samads a 5, I’m a negative 2!

Hiroyuki Suzuki is 10 just to point it out :smiley:

yes

agreed. :slight_smile:

I don’t like to rate myself… but I say I’m around a 6. I would say a 1 would be can’t get a yoyo back to your hand or worse, and 10 being a professional. Hmmm… I guess I’m more like… 5.6 instead.

you mean profesional level because not everyone gets discovered. hint hint nudge nudge. Just kidding

no, true players innovate tricks that have become common in every players arsenal, every time you do a magic drop, you are trying to be paul escolar. Hiroyuki, no offense, he’s great, but he doesn’t innovate as much as JD, Paul Escolar, Spencer Berry or Jon Rob.

so there are effectively infinite variations of tricks that we could do. we could yo-yo continuously from now until our demise and not uncover everything that could be uncovered. and most tricks take years to get anywhere near any kind of legitimately fluid mastery (not just of performance but of really understanding the ins and outs of the trick). even a basic laceration or kwyjibo takes that kind of practice to ‘really’ get it - can you do either of those on a stock imperial? i’ve probably done a trick like pure 143 or spirit bomb 10,000+ times (more than that if you count learning to do em on wood - sheesh)… i’ve probably NEVER hit either completely, utterly perfectly. and in some respects i hope i never do.

so ignoring pomp & title, with respect to the full breadth of yo-yoing’s canon and potential, i’m a 1… in fact i’m LESS than 1 on a scale to ∞.

the only use in a scale of 1 to 10 is to try compare oneself not to yo-yoing, but to other yo-yoers (which is actually just as subjective, since what matters is not really how we do trick x or trick y but what we get out of them). the only use is to feel better about yourself; more secure. if i’m a 5, then i think i’m better than all the 4’s, and so on. i’m not interested in that kind of comparison.

i realize i could have just not posted, but i object to the idea and found that worth stating. i’ll grant you that i’m an old curmudgeon, so… yeah. carry on.

hiroyuki’s main thing is speed and thats not that important to me. As i said jensen kimmet’s got SWAGGA! he also has smoothness and advanced tricks. that my friends is a big reason why he won the worlds. sure he messed up about 2 times and did a bunch of like gravity pulls with binds but he had those 2 important elements

I’m under what Ed rated himself.

you’re still not getting it, yes, they are good, but tell me, have they revolutionized the world of yoyoing as we know it? If it weren’t for paul or spencer, Jensen wouldn’t be as great as he is.