R4 or IQ? Any opinions?

Does anyone have an opinion on the Yoyofactory R4 and Yoyofactory IQ? I’m thinking of buying one of them, but I’m not sure which one I should buy because of their similarities.

1 Like

R4 is fantastic but IQ is even more fantastic IMO. R4 feels slightly more solid on the string and IQ is a little bit more floaty. I really do think IQ is truly one of the greatest bimetal throws to come out within the past few years, it has an indescribable quality that sets it apart in terms of feel from most others. I think it has something to do with the weight distribution - it’s wider than most bimetals are but the weight rings are slightly more inward on the body, giving it a truly unique feel that the R4 (which has its weight rings positioned more toward the edge, and is less wide in general, resulting in a more “typical” feel) doesn’t have. And Idk how much weight you wanna put on this, but the IQ is often brought up in conversations where people are asking about YYF’s all time best work - up there with the Supernova, Genesis, etc… and this was even pretty shortly after it was released. As great as the R4 is, I don’t see it brought up often in those discussions.

10 Likes

Thx!

Both Yoyofactory R4 and Yoyofactory IQ are excellent choices, but your choice may depend on your preferences and playstyle. I have personally had experience using both models, and I can say that they are of high quality and good playability. The R4 has a slightly more classic design and may be more suitable for traditional tricks and combos. On the other hand, IQ may offer a more modern approach with improved features such as additional control and stability.

1 Like

Mate I am so curious about the IQ, it seems such an appreciated yoyo all around, it does look good and it is on my list from a while, thinking to get one from the BST soon. the Moonlight and the R4 also looks incredibly nice

1 Like

I’ve owned the IQ and I got to play the R4 a little while ago.

Think I like the R4 better. It felt more solid and stable.

The IQ feels a little quicker maybe.
But I like the Moonlight even better.

1 Like

Iq is better than IQ in my opinion, i was also wondering 2 weeks ago whether or not I should go with the IQ or R4, and I landed up going with the IQ. The R4 is more towards a normal design,but the IQ on the other hand is more unique, it’s very wide, very powerful and very comfortable. It’s also worth mentioning due to those much bigger rims on the IQ, the IQ spins about a minute longer than the R4. The R4 is awasome, but I pefer the IQ as it just feels more modern for competition

2 Likes

No experience with the R4 but the IQ is good in a standout way. I definitely recommend trying it out

1 Like

I want to thank everybody that replied on this post and gave me advice. I just got the IQ in the mail and definitely did not regret the decision. It is absolutely awesome.

1 Like

Thanks! Welcome to the community!