R4 by YoYoFactory! - Bi-Metal Powerhouse! Designed for Competition!

R4_Feature
The R4 might be the next big competition choice of champions. Its shape takes inspiration from the R-Type and IQ which both have been staple throws in the contest scene used by many competitors including members of the YoYoFactory Team!

Blue-R4 Blue-R4-02 Blue-R4-03

The design and weight is tweaked a bit including placing the stainless steel ring in the inner part of the rim, adding a ton of drive and power to the nimble agile throw!

From your bigger body tricks, to over head whips, the R4 will handle all your biggest moves!

11 Likes

This thing slaps lol

3 Likes

Can you compare to IQ?

4 Likes

I love how it’s being advertised as a bimetal R-type when the R-type is a mono metal IQ…….

Still a very different Yoyo and I would love to hear how it plays and how it compares the the others

6 Likes

Yeah; feels like YYF is getting the most out of the IQ it can get.

2 Likes

Next to miracle this is my fave yyf yoyo i’ve tried I think!

3 Likes

Oh really! I loved the miracle so that’s good to hear. I honestly haven’t been super impressed with Yoyo factory recently but I think that they absolutely knocked the miracle and shutter elite out of the park, so I’m encouraged for this one.

3 Likes

I think from couple of years with YYF generally the signature yoyos or top levels yoyos are just insanely good (as always) while the monometals are a bit meh (in my opinion) with not very interesting designs or with weird ideas behind and quite cheap feeling (I think the R-type was their last good mono).
The Moz as well looks amazing, this R4 too, while if I look at the bullseye…well…but those are just personal preferences

2 Likes

I think I would have to totally agree with your opinion and I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one. I’m also glad that their continuing to make higher end quality yo-yos.

I can say this is a great yoyo, I got one during the restock black friday mystery from yyf, then on christmas my mom gave me another from the black friday pack that she bought me before the restock. I was initially thinking about trying to get rid of it, but I really like it, and I don’t mind having 2. I feel super spoiled.

2 Likes

I wonder if this gonna be available in us retailers

2 Likes

I would be most interested to see one of these cut in half. Quite the extreme shape.

2 Likes

Love the look of the cup. OG Horizon vibes.

1 Like

The R4 is easily my favorite yoyo I own. It feels pretty light on the string, and I can get it to go really fast. It’s also extremely stable, and it spins for a while, too. It can do tech, its horizontals are pretty good, and it finger spins for a surprisingly decent time. If was old enough for a job, I’d probably spend my first $200 on two more of these so I could have a full competition set :joy:

1 Like

Am I the only one that is deeply unsatisfied with these R4 colors? You would think they would debut with something a bit more exciting for their next “big competition choice”.

It is also tough to spend $100 on a luck-box throw.