Question for owners of CLYW Peak?

Maaannn I feel bad for @kretzschmar cause he’s gotta be having Peak fever like crazy rn after making this thread lmao… seeing all these Peaks is making me want ANOTHER one… The incredible restraint this man is showing by not hopping on the BST and trying to swoop one up immediately is impressive… godspeed sir!

3 Likes

Lol, I gotta say, as much as I want a Peak, it’s number 2 on my list.

I just traded off a mint BvM for number one. It’s a general yo. Want to take one stab at it @SR1 before I spill the beans?

I also did some research and @OhDavidBowie helped me determine that a Heaven Sent Creep might scratch my Peak itch until I could track one down.

So thankfully, because of those two things, I am sitting pretty and able to be patient for the right thing to come along at the right time.

And @beezy , that is an incredible story, thank you for sharing. That yoyo has done three tours in Vietnam, lol.

3 Likes

Man, somebody get this man a Peak!!! If you knew his story, you would give him one… I know I would buy him one if it wasn’t too high.

3 Likes

Somebody also get me a Peak too lol.

3 Likes

I could probably hook you up with a Peak 2 @OhDavidBowie , lol. A Dad joke that only a yoyoer would get

And @Mattwilkes84 , I appreciate the kind words, the right one will pop up for me at the right time, I’m 37 with hopefully plenty more years for the stars to align.

1 Like

It’s a good joke and a good yoyo. I love my Peak 2

2 Likes

You traded the BvM you literally just got? lol

Lemme guess… Hatrick?

2 Likes

Lol, yes, yes I did trade off the BvM that I got yesterday. A good guy reached out with a mint OG 5 star. The black and red polished one with the engravings. And he just so happened to only want to trade, and the only thing he wanted of mine was the mint Ogopogo BvM. I have wanted a BvM forever, it’s in my top 5 wants, and it hurts to say goodbye after just getting one good combo in. But I don’t know if I will ever get another chance at a mint OG 5 star, and it’s number one on my list.

The guy also tossed in a Hatrick that wasn’t mint and I had to toss in a little cash, not much, so that was awesome, and makes you right too

A fellow forum member went through hell to get me that BvM, and I feel ashamed trading it, but I hope they take solace in knowing how greatful I am in their efforts to help me obtain my number one

Dude… you should feel AMAZING right now… that particular 5 star is WAYYY more rare, harder to find, and worth quite a bit more than the BvM. It was nice of whoever got you that BvM to go through so much trouble to get it to you… but I think you can both take comfort in the fact that it was a means to get you the better end of a trade deal. You’ll always be able to get another BvM, you see them pretty frequently (as far as seeing older yoyos go). However, that 5 Star is something you kinda never sell once you have it, especially cause it’s mint. Congrats on the Hatrick too!

2 Likes

All I can say is thank you for understanding, and I hope this mint BvM brings the new owner as much joy as the 5 star will bring me. I take solace in knowing he still has a green 5 star V2 as well.

And this poor 5 star, it won’t stay mint in my hands, lol. I also let my kids play with all my yoyos, so this thing better be ready for combat.

My Peak, as you know, are the Winter Green purchased by YYN UK in 2010 paid 66 euros as it was the penultimate Peak available and therefore sold at a discount of about 35% and the Grizzly Bear Clown Town first run, purchased for 80 euros (… 2012?..) from a collector Italian (former president of the YoyoManiacs Association) … they are both new, with their box, original bearing and original liquid silicone, as I will have played them a maximum of 10 times … not because they consider them a holy grail but simply because I’ve always preferred to play with other yoyos …
The GBCT is the most beautiful coloring I have on a yoyo … without a doubt.

2 Likes

Oh dang, you should put it on a shelf and then bang up your third run lmao

1 Like

I am tempted to break my habit and do that on this one. It’ll be interesting to see how the smaller gap on the OG impacts play.

I saw that the General is doing another run of mini star 2s. I’ve never played one, but I’ll likely wait until those drop and that’ll be my final acquisition for quite some time, unless if course the elusive Peak shows up at the right time at the right price.

On topic with the thread. I’m more if a trader than a buyer. It keeps my fun down to the cost of shipping and I’ve tried more yoyos than I care to admit with this method.

Below are the yoyos I will have on the trading block to try and acquire a Peak. The condition of said Peak I am after, vibe is okay as long as it doesn’t wobble or make you angry while you’re playing it. Dings are fine as long as they have been smoothed over and can arm grind without hardly feeling a thing.

So if anyone sees something below, hit me up:

OG 28s Sasquatch with the box, smooth, one scuff that cannot be felt

Big Cheese Creep - smooth, mint with box

Weekender - green and orange unengraved, mint, smooth

And some deal sweeteners, Deepstate, Super G and Intro