Puffin Spin Times

ok well maybe not SUPER long but like 30 seconds.

actually never mind any premium yoyo should be able to complete any 30 second combo.

Never felt anything wrong with puffin spin time

wow. I read all of these reviews and they are like “the puffin has CRAPPY spin times.” thanks guys. :slight_smile: im gonna ignore those reviews.

Could I get a link to all those crappy spin time reviews?

I just timed a 4 minute sleeper with my Puffin and I haven’t even cleaned or treated the bearing since I got it on the first run, ordered on the day it dropped.

There you go Studio. I also found just as many reviews saying the opposite. This is ridiculous.

Spin times on my Puffin are fine. Maybe it doesn’t spin as long as say, a Chief, but do I need it to? Does it matter? Is the difference that big? No, no, and no. I like the Puffin because it is the best organic-esque shape that I have found that does very well with horizontal play.

I read those same reviews and comments. Thanks for all the replies guys. My question has been answered :smiley:

I would like to first say that I absolutely LOVE my Puffin. The spin times are pretty good, however they are not necessarily a good as say, a Chief. But if the Puffin were transformed into a sleep monster, it wouldn’t have its nimble and fun feel.; all of its character would be gone. That being said, the sleep times are perfectly fine (I’ve gotten 5.5 minutes with one), and not anything to worry about

I have 2… For me they spin fine… No issues at all. I also find the puffin to be very stable too… And that is with a flat bearing.

Thanks for the quotes, but I would have preferred links so I could read the reviews.

With reviews going both ways… I wonder what’s going on. Mine is fine. Everyone who has played it loves it, and those who didn’t, it wasn’t due to crappy spin timses, it’s because it’s not a good fit for their preferences.

I will say this:
I’ve had lots of yoyos with bearings that needed bearings cleaned from the get-go. I don’t mind doing that. It does get a bit old but if it needs to be done, it will be done. However, I don’t know, maybe I’m lucky, but I’ve never had an issue with spin on my Puffin unless I’ve done something bad or wrong.

I’ve also had nothing but positive results with CenterTracs. It’s not my absolute favorite bearing but it’s an item that’s never given me any problems.

One more question: is the puffin a good first CLYW?

Sure it is! It captures the CLYW spirit pretty darn well. Combined 2 of the flagship models and you get a beast yoyo!

sweet! i might get a puffin then. lol

Click on the red “Quote from…” line above the quotes to go to the reviews. Just thought I would give you the option of an assessment at a glance. :wink:

Cool. I was not aware it did that. I will do that later(as in not very long from now).

Learn something new every day. Thanks for pointing that out. That’s much appreciated!
(no sarcasm implied. I actually did not know that, and now that I do, that’s really cool!)

No.

Depending on your preferences, any CLYW can be good. There’s the Avalanche and the Gnarwal. I prefer the Avalanche over the Sasquatch. The Peaks are good, but only if you really work well with it. Preferences. The AC and Chief came before the Puffin and those are some amazing yoyos, maybe some of their best work to date. The BvM(original) is OK, not a favorite of the CLYWs I have but still decent. The Wooly Marmon is a fantastic player. The Campfire is good when I really want that undersized thing, probably one of the better undersized yoyos out there in my opinion.

Awesome, I didn’t know this either. haha. ;D

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

No.

Depending on your preferences, any CLYW can be good. There’s the Avalanche and the Gnarwal. I prefer the Avalanche over the Sasquatch. The Peaks are good, but only if you really work well with it. Preferences. The AC and Chief came before the Puffin and those are some amazing yoyos, maybe some of their best work to date. The BvM(original) is OK, not a favorite of the CLYWs I have but still decent. The Wooly Marmon is a fantastic player. The Campfire is good when I really want that undersized thing, probably one of the better undersized yoyos out there in my opinion.
[/quote]
Why not? If I’m looking for a fun, floaty yoyo, is it a good choice then?

Why not? If I’m looking for a fun, floaty yoyo, is it a good choice then?
[/quote]
Sorry meant to put studio’s post in quote.

The spin times on the Puffin actually suck.

I can only get like 10 minutes of spin compared to 15 minutes with my Chief. That’s a whole 5 minutes! I could make a sandwich in that amount of time…